Chapter XV - Jolly Ranchers

Summer's POV

Kenzie, Carlos, and Jay lumbered into the cafeteria. They all walked in silence, but Jay came towards me with swagger. He's charming, but he's a showoff.

They all sat down next to me. Mal and Evie hadn't arrived yet. Jay sat extremely close to me, and put his arm around my shoulders when I wasn't paying attention.

"Don't. Even. Think about it," I told him, giving him a death stare.

Jay's eyes went wide and he took his arm off of my shoulder right away. I smiled to myself.

"Hey, uh, Summer. I was wondering if you wanted to come hang out with me at the beach sometime," Jay offered. Was he seriously asking me out on a date? I'm not sure what to do.

"I guess I could," I responded. "One condition, though. DON'T YOU DARE PET ME LIKE A DOG!"

"Fine, fine. I promise I won't," Jay chuckled. I could see the excitement in his eyes. We stared at each other before Kenzie waved a hand in front of my face.

"Um, HELLOOO??? Lovecranes? We need to get to class."

Jay and I snapped out of our trance and walked side-by-side to class.

----In class----

We were in Remedial Goodness 101. AGAIN. I was sitting next to Jay like always. 'Can this class get ANY more boring?' I thought, snickering to myself. I felt something warm touch my hand and I jumped a bit.

I realized it was Jay's hand. I glanced at him and noticed he kept stealing quick looks at me. To be honest, I'm surprised he did something like that. He doesn't seem like the hold-your-hand type of guy. I decided to give him a chance and I held his hand. Fairy Godmother must have noticed something was up with us because she smiled weirdly at us.

"So, your homework for today is to do something nice for someone!" FG explained while smirking at Jay and me. I immediately changed into alien form and got a lollipop from under my desk. Obviously, it was blue. What were you expecting?

I ran up to FG and shoved the lollipop in her mouth. I smiled a wicked grin while still in my alien form.

"Uh, thanks Summer! Good job," Fairy Godmother praised me awkwardly. She quickly dismissed class and I changed back into a human.

Someone picked me up.

"AHHH KENZIE PUT ME DOWN!!" I screamed, not seeing who it was. Jay snickered.

"JAYYY!!! PUT ME DOWN OR I'LL BITE YOUR EAR OFF!" I threatened. Fairy Godmother gave us an odd look before she returned to her paperwork.

Jay set me down after we got out of the classroom. "That's my good deed of the day I guess."

"HOW???" I questioned. The brute crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at me while tapping the ground with his foot.

"Well, Summer, I carried you so you didn't have to walk. I did something good."

"It's not considered something good if the victim of your so-called "good deed" HATED IT! So technically you were torturing me." I smirked at Jay in triumph. Jay rolled his eyes at me. I dramatically fell to the ground. "Oh no! He rolled his eyes at me! How horrible!"

Jay paused and suddenly pointed out that it would be a great superpower though. He picked me up in a fire man carry and ran off with me. I protested and whined in his ear. He stuffed a piece of candy in my mouth and I kept quiet, focusing on eating the heavenly-tasting treat. Suddenly an idea popped into my brain...