Chapter XX - Dingus

Kenzie's POV

I sighed. Jay's an idiot. How could someone love their hair THAT much??? I understand that he likes his hair and wants to take good care of it, but jeez, this is out of hand!

Locking eyes with Jay, I shook my head at him and walked off to go find Summer. I've only seen her this upset before, and that was when she figured out that she didn't have parents. I knew where she would be. She always goes to her bed when she needs to think. Typically, she'll have something soft in her hands. What can I say? A girl needs something to stroke, okay?

Carefully, I opened the door to our dorm. I found Summer sitting on her bed, staring at nothing. She looked deep in thought with her eyebrows furrowed and a frown on her face. Of course, she was stroking a faux fur pillow. However, I thought I saw tears gathering in her eyes, but they went away as soon as she noticed me.

"Kenzie, I don't want to talk," Summer told me, her voice as serious as it could be.

"Come onnn, you know you do," I replied, strolling over to her bed and sitting beside her.

Summer grumbled. "I'm not getting rid of you until I tell you, am I?" she laughed.

"Got that right," I responded. A slight smile crept onto her face. It disappeared as quickly as it came. "Summer, you're a close friend of mine and I want to help you. Tell me about it," I urged. She gave in after a minute of thinking.

"Ughhh, fine," Summer growled.

"VICTORYYY!" I shouted before quickly apologizing to Summer as she glared at me.

"Kenzie, I don't know what to do. I mean, I did prank Jay and I realize he didn't like it, but what he said just made me feel horrible. I've never felt like this before."

I stared at her, not knowing what to say before realization popped into my mind.

"Summer... do you... like Jay?"

Summer's POV

"Summer... Do you... like Jay?"

Kenzie's question made me freeze. Is that why I feel like this? Do I have feelings for that big lump of a dingus? After being deep in thought for a bit, I looked up at Kenzie in panic.

"UaaaggGHHH!! NO NO NO NO NO!!! KENZIE TELL ME IT ISN'T TRUE!!!" I screamed. She covered her ears.

"SUMMER CALM DOWN! It's okay! You can like a guy, it isn't a big deal!"

"WELL IT ISN'T FOR YOU! AS SOON AS CARLOS ARRIVES YOU'RE LIKE OH LET'S GO MAKE OUT SOMEWHERE!!!"

Kenzie just looked questioningly at me. After compensating what I said, she looked a bit hurt.

"Kenzie, I'm sorry. I don't know how to deal with this."

"No no no, it's fine. But I JUST FOUND OUT YOU LIKE JAYYY OOOOOOH I'MMA GO TELL HIM HEHEHEHEH!!!" Kenzie yelled, running out the door and screaming "JAY!!"

"KENZIE!!!!!" I yelled while sprinting after her. Sharply, she turned a corner, tripped, and fell into the room that Jay and the other villain kids were in. Before I reached her, Kenzie managed to say something to grab the attention of the VKs.

"JAY! I need to tell you something important!"

Jay's POV

"JAY! I need to tell you something important!"

Kenzie came running (or more specifically, tripping) into the room, Summer right on her tail.

"DON'T YOU DARE KENZIE!"

"Why not?"

"BECAUSE I'LL CLAW YOU AND FLICK YOUR NECK IF YOU DO!" (A/N: The person who inspired Summer's character actually threatens me like that in real life)

"Wait wait what? Kenzie what are you guys arguing about?" I asked, desperate to get a response.

Before Summer tackled and sat on her, Kenzie said, "SUMMER LIKES YOU!"

I stood there, surprised. Before I knew it, a smirk grew on my face. Summer watched me wide-eyed, shaking her head. I ran up to her and put her in a giant bear hug. I swung her around, happy that she finally liked me back. Finally, she bit my arm and I let go. I smiled and stepped back a bit, still relieved that my efforts had finally paid off.

Summer looked annoyed at me, so I decided to say something.

"Summer, I'm sorry that I freaked out about my hair. Can you forgive me?"

She glared at me, but then smiled. "Fine," she grumbled. "Why were you so worked up anyway? Are you on your man period?"

The others snickered at her comment. I just put her in a headlock and kissed her forehead.

"I'll only tell you if you go on a date with me," I answered simply.

"How about I just bite your arm and kick you between the legs?" She answered, a sly smirk on her face.

I jumped a bit at what she said. "So is that a no?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. I still haven't decided, dingus."

A/N - Thanks for reading and thank you guys so much for over 800 views!  I hope we will get to 1K soon!!!!  Also, I have made a Descendants YT channel called (obviously lol):  TazzyChicken

Please go check it out, I'm working on sound quality and verifying the channel so that videos will be better but I am loaded up with video ideas so check it out!  Thanks and I hope you guys have a wonderful evening of taco kittens and rainbow barfing unicorns!