40. The Beast

Ruby

When Jasper had left with his wolves, leaving the little cub to me I sat on the floor in my room, leaning my back to the bed and played with the puppy in my lap.

I had just realized Jasper never told me what he had wanted. He never told me why he had came in the first place, we had just got lost in the moment. Guess I would have to ask him another time.

It growled playfully and would gnaw at my fingertip instead of the simple rope toy I had made for him but everytime he gnawed at me I would scowl him. Better beginning to teach him know than sooner.

A knock on the door make me look up again, who is it know? Or is Jasper already taking back his wolf, did he regret giving him to me?

When I answered the door I thankfully found Jasper wasn't there to take his wolf back but another unpleasant surprise stood there facing me.

"Prince Carnelian?" I asked shocked and nudged back the fleeing puppy with my foot so it wouldn't escape down the corridor.

It was indeed my half-brother standing there in the hallway with a faked cocky smile and neatly combed brown hair.

His stance may look confident and indifferent but I knew better than to trust the first look, he was nervous and scared in reality.

He still had a look of victory though and that's probably why he was scared, he didn't knew how I would react and that told me something.

He had found out something, and it wasn't going to make me happy at all.

Jasper

I lay restless in bed and stared up at the expensive red fabrics covering the roof of the enormous poster beds roof.

All I could think of was Ruby, did she like the gift? What did she even think about wolves? She seemed to like wolves, I think she liked all king of animals.

She was the only one who hadn't looked at my wolves as if they were filthy beasts, and she seemed to knew things about them too after all her questions.

Her room hadn't been so big as is had thought, I even think it was smaller than mine. But wouldn't someone in her rank been able too choose whatever room she wanted, why was hers so small? Did she want it that way?

Her desk had been a mess but it still seemed like it was organized, kind if like an organized chaos.

She hadn't had much only a bed, a table, a desk, a chair and a closet. Besides that it was just decorations and other things but I had seen her many weapons, mostly swords placed around the room.

The room was in the kingdoms colors as I had thought and it hadn't been anything too personal in her room that I had seen at least.

Usually I'm not twisting and turning in my bed, I would just lay completely still and stare into the roof until I fell asleep but this time I couldn't get my mind of Ruby and was turning around every so often I could tell the wolves where beginnin...

Usually I'm not twisting and turning in my bed, I would just lay completely still and stare into the roof until I fell asleep but this time I couldn't get my mind of Ruby and was turning around every so often I could tell the wolves where beginning too feel disturbed.