34. The Brother

Ruby

I was incredibly satisfied with watching Jasper blush as he had just confessed he liked me. I had made him blush. I had. And he just confessed he liked me. I could die right now and be the happiest person in the world.

He didn't look up as I took to long steps against him and grabbed his chin once again.

When he met my eyes I smiled mischievously "Glad we made that clear, what do you suggest we do now?" I whispered to him and raised one eyebrow.

I couldn't keep the smile from my face as I made my way to the office were I would meet my father and the probably furious Mahogany with a whining prince

Maybe weird to smile in that occasion but what had happened earlier in the training room was enough to not dread the coming hours of a painful meeting.

Though my smile wavered the bubbling happiness inside of me couldn't disappear even when I met my half-brother, the kingdoms only prince and assumingingly only heir in the corridor.

Of course he walked with Jadeline close to his side, too close to be accepted if someone had bothered to scold them.

"Oh, hello Captain aren't you late for the meeting?" he asked in a sickly sweet voice. The blonde girl of course giggled, a fake giggle as usual.

"You're late too, Your Highness" I snapped back, not even bothering about making my voice seem nicer.

Carnelian scowled at me "You should show some respect to your future king, Captain" she snapped at me, spitting out my title like it was venom.

I smiled cutely at her "You know you can't take a butch to the meeting, no animals allowed" I smiled sweetly and passed them, fairly entering the room and leaving the scowling prince and a boiling spoiled bitch behind me.

As always when I had a fight with my half-brother and, as always, won I felt better. He was just as spoiled as the girl clinging to his arm, he would have his fun with her and she used him for the power but I doubted she would be as happy when he left her for another more 'Exciting'girl to explore when she got boring.

I almost felt bad for Jadeline she had hinted Jim for years but he had been occupied with other girls then, saving her for later and he seemed to have decided that later would be now. Once again just almost.

When he entered the room where me, the king and the queen already was sat he seemed to be boiling of anger and he smiled at me. Just like every other meeting.

When he finally was seated after dragging on his greeting to his mother unnecessarily long Mahogany gave me a venomous smile.

Oh how I longed for the moment she would begin screaming at my dad as he tried to calm her so I could just tone out, just pretending to be listening.

This meetings never lead to anything but Mahogany screaming herself hoarse and giving me hateful glares as dad tried to reason with her and calm her down. Carnelian scowling at the side, whining like a baby whenever he didn't understand what they where talking about but everytime getting ignored.

 Carnelian scowling at the side, whining like a baby whenever he didn't understand what they where talking about but everytime getting ignored

When the meeting finally ended I farted out of the room with Mahoganys furious yelling after me.

As always dad tried to reason with her and calm her down so she wouldn't murder me the next time she saw me.

Something that was unusual this time though was the person following me as I attempted to walk down to the great fining hall to eat.

It was Carnelian of course as he left the room right after me but normally he would take the shortcut and leave as fast as possible, this time he followed me and that confused me. What did he want?

After some time when he still hadn't attempted to talk to me but still followed close behind I turned to him.

Crossing my arms I leaned against the wall and waited for him to talk his mind.

He looked furious, he probably wouldn't have bothered to clear the room before he began shouting at me and let everyone know the secret.

Fortunately this corridor was patrol guarded so the guards had probably just passed on their patrol and would circle the corridor on their patrol before coming back for another patrol circle.

Instead of screaming and demanding me to tell what the fight today was about he surprised me by what he said.

"It was you, right?" he said bluntly with an angry look. Shocked I just stared at him, what did he mean?

"Stop that, you killed those people!" he screamed at me and my eyes widened, how did he figure that out?

"H-how did you know?" I asked him with trembling voice, it wasn't good if he had figured it out. Then someone else could figure it out to.

"Don't you think it strange? Everytime they have been figthing about how dangerous you are people had died the night before" I stared open mouthed at him.

I didn't say anything, couldn't say anything, but that probably wasn't needed as he continued to scream at him. "I may not know why or how but I know it's you and I won't stop until everyone knows you're a monster!"

With that he stomped off and left me in the corridor. He was right, I'm a monster and I shouldn't stay here especially when I know I kill people and can do it again.

He was capable of figuring out it was me so why would it be so much harder for other people?

How long would it take before everyone knew I'm a monster? What would they do?

I'm sure my dear half-brother wouldn't hurry to my defense, dad would probably try to help me but he was the king so he was responsible of these peoples safety and if I was a threat against them it wouldn't be much he could do.

How could everything be so wrong? My throath felt dry of fear and I didn't know what to do. Would I continue as usual until someone came for me? Could I continue as always?

No, no I couldn't. Everything was changing now and all happened under the time of the competition, would it end when the competition ended?