×FIFTEEN×

Your eyes met piercing green, and you couldn't hold back the gasp that escaped your lips. "Astra!" You cried happily, flinging yourself onto the excited Night Fury. "(Name)! You're okay!" She crooned, licking the side of your face. You groaned and wiped the saliva off, flicking it back towards her. "Astra, you jerk! You know this doesn't wash out!" She only laughed in response and droped herself on top of you, pinning you under her weight. "Ack! Astra!" You cried, trying to push the overgrown lizard off you, but to no avail.

You didn't hear the flapping of wings or Hiccup's surprised gasp, instead groaning under the crushing weight of a Night Fury. "Astra! Yield! I yield!" She happily thrummed in response, jumping up off of you, only to dart forward and bat at you with a paw. You smirked evily and launched yourself at her again, legs hanging around her neck as you held onto the metal ring held by leather near her neck. She stood upright before falling backwards with a grunt, making you squeal as her front legs wrapped around you and you rolled around.

Hiccup didn't know what to do. Before him stood another Night Fury. He was at a loss for words. Beside him, a very excited Toothless with wide eyes and expanding pupils got down low, hindquarters waggling excitedly like a cat about to pounce. Hiccup looked back towards his own Night Fury, smiling softy at how excited he was to see another of his species.

You continued to roll around with Astra, your memories flooding back of all the flights and fights you had been in. A memory made you freeze up and you gingerly ran a hand down her snout. "O-oh no...Hades...I..." Tears trickled down your cheeks. Astra crooned in concern and nudged your head with her snout. "Hey. It's okay. It happened a while back. It's been a long time. I still miss him, but he's gone and we need to move on." Hiccup frowned, and slowly approached you. "Are you okay? And...Who's Hades?"

"Her mate. He...was killed by a man who was threatening the protection of our family." His eyes softened and he kneeled by your side. "I'm so sorry." Astra narrowed her eyes and huffed, now noticing Hiccup and Toothless. "Who are these two?" You sat up and stroked her snout again. "Right. Astra, this is Hiccup," you laughed as you shoved his shoulder, making him lose his balance and topple over, which earned you a muffled grunt, "and that overexcited Fury is Toothless." At the mention of his name, he darted over and stared at Astra, excitement glittering in his eyes and a cute gummy smile spread across his face.

"Has he never seen another Fury before?" She looked bewildered, as if the very thought were impossible. You nodded. "Yeah. Then again you guys aren't from the Archipalego, so I'm not surprised that a Fury stranded here would react like this." Hiccup furrowed his brows. What?

Several hours had passed, with you both play fighting more, flying around, and you showing off your lack of fear as you slid off her back several times and performed many tricks that involved you standing on her back and using her tail to launch yourself forward through the air. Hiccup was absent-mindedly aware of his jealousy, but snapped out of his trance and turned towards a whining Toothless. He was eager to fly too.

"Hey (name)!" He shouted as loud as he could. You faintly heard him call out your name and used her tail to flick yourself towards the ring held to her chest by overlapping leather straps. Clinging to the ring, you looked down and yelled out a "Yeah?"

"Come here!" Hearing his faint voice, you obliged and tugged on the ring, letting Astra you wanted to head for the ground. She descended and slowed so you could let go of the ring and roll along the ground to stop yourself. You stood and shook yourself out. "Still gotta work on that." You laughed. You walked over to Hiccup. "What's up?"

"Let's have a race!" He blurted.

And he soon regretted asking. Because you were making the rules, with a huge grin on your face. He knew you were hiding something. "Okay, so two laps of the island, then fly to that sea stack," you pointed with your thumb over your shoulder, not looking back but still pointing at the sea stack, "then back here for another lap. Then you land right here." Hiccup nodded. "Got it."

You both mounted on your dragons, Hiccup getting low and preparing to fly off, whilst you sat casually on Astra's back, fishing through a saddle bag for a clip on handle. "Ladies first. Oops!" You laughed. "I meant losers first!" Hiccup rolled his eyes. "That's an unfair advantage for me." You stopped, pulled out the handle and looked at Hiccup with an eyebrow raised. "Really now? Go on, start flying." You shooed him off. He shrugged and took off, at a steady pace as he began his laps around the island.

You took your time clipping on the handle to the leather strap on Astra's back, before reaching into the saddle bag again and putting on some fingerless gloves.

You closed the saddle bag, laid on Astra's back, and gripped tightly onto the handle

You closed the saddle bag, laid on Astra's back, and gripped tightly onto the handle. Hiccup just finished his second lap of the island when Astra shot up and flew around the island. Hiccup noticed that you both had finally decided to catch up, and urged Toothless to go faster. The duo flew towards the sea stack and once they flew around it to head back, you and Astra had zipped past him and were heading back. Eyes wide, he urged Toothless to go as fast as he could, seemingly coming neck and neck with you.

But with one quick dive you had landed and won. Hiccup landed moments later, eyes wide and spluttering his surprise. "What? How did...but...theyre the same species! How can she...what?" You giggled at his little surprised ramble, then sat up and stroked Astra's snout. "She just knows more about being a Night Fury than Tooth." You looked to the sky, sun sinking. "C'mon, let's head home." You took off, not at your fastest speed but at a moderate pace. Hiccup watched you for a moment, confusion and surprise stunning him momentarily before he took off on Toothless.

By they time you were flying side by side, a memory had kicked in. The nest. The Fury nest. How Agon, the leading Alpha, and his mate Bolla, raised you. How Astra and Hades were like your siblings. How they taught you Dragon Tongue and showed you their world. How they named you their protector, as they trusted no other human. You said nothing of this to Hiccup. You trusted him, yes, but you swore to never reveal their location.

Arriving back on Berk was overwhelming. You were swarmed by the entire village, in their rejoice at the finding of another Night Fury. Many asked if they could have her, but you declined and said she was your dragon. It disappointed a few, but the entire village was happy at the thought of more Night Furies being in the world.

But you wouldn't tell them otherwise.