×SIX×

It took only a matter of minutes before Hiccup hoisted you onto Toothless and flew off to the marketplace. What you hadn't expected was the force or speed that his dragon would fly off at, and you lurched forward, clinging onto his torso. Hiccup tensed for a moment, before smiling to himself. When you landed, Hiccup slid off, leading Toothless along. You squeaked, as you had tried to get off just as he started moving.

"We're not letting your feet get dirty when you're just about to get some shoes!" Hiccup said to you, turning with a cheeky grin plastered on his face. You huffed and rolled your eyes at the charming boy. He stopped beside a stand and gestured for his dragon to stop. You tried to steal a glance at the wares, but his head was in the way. Ugh.

He turned and came over to your side, kneeling on one leg and pushing something on your foot. You looked down, and before long a lovely shoe had been strapped around your leg. Hiccup looked up at you with a smile and turned back to the stand. "Thanks." He said, opening a compartment in his armour and pulling out a drawstring bag. He took a few shiny silver coins out and handed them to the shopkeeper. She smiled and nodded. Hiccup had the other shoe in his hand, turning to you and putting the bag back into its compartment.

After he put the other shoe on, you swung your other leg over and admired the shoes. They were pretty brown flats, with crisscrossing strings that held them onto your leg. You smiled at Hiccup and slid off Toothless, pulling him into a quick, rushed hug. "Thank you." You murmured, pulling away and looking at him with softened eyes and a sweet smile.

" You murmured, pulling away and looking at him with softened eyes and a sweet smile

His heart melted. He took your hand and helped you back onto Toothless, getting ready to fly off until a woman stood in front of his dragon and shouted a very loud; "Hiccup, wait!" He looked down to see Astrid, his friend who was like a sister to him, looking at him with a stern look on his face. The smile he had on his face from seeing you happy faltered, and he sighed. "What is it, Astrid?"

Curious, you looked around Hiccup's shoulder and spied a very beautiful, blonde woman looking at Hiccup with an unhappy expression on her face. So she was Astrid? She was both very beautiful and very scary looking. You ducked out of sight behind Hiccup's shoulders. "Well other than the fact you've been gone for three days, the fact I heard from your father today that you came back yesterday, and the fact that the others are—" She cut herself off and narrowed her eyes, spying arms around Hiccup's chest. She crossed her arms. "Hiccup, who's that?"

Hiccup tilted his head, before realising he meant you and leaned to one side. "Astrid, this is (name). I found her on Outcast Island yesterday. Saved her from an angry Changewing mom." He chuckled. But the look Astrid gave you sent chills down your spine. She looked so untrusting, and so, so unhappy that you were seated behind Hiccup, arms wrapped around him. You couldn't try to hide this time, so you gave an awkward smile. "Hi." Astrid scowled, and you looked away.

Next thing you knew you were pulling your arms away from Hiccup as he was yanked off Toothless by Astrid. Toothless rolled his eyes and shook his body, unlocking Hiccup's metal leg from the saddle making him fall face first into the ground. He groaned in pain. "Hiccup," Astrid hissed quietly as she pulled him upwards, "I don't think you should be trusting her as easily as you are. For all we know, she's a spy just like Heather. You said it yourself, she's from Outcast Island." Hiccup winced at how she was getting on edge and stole a glance at you. You weren't paying attention to him or Astrid, instead, you were picking at a loose thread on the saddle that you noticed as you murmured something to Toothless, to which he responded with a thrum. You laughed quietly.

He smiled and looked back at Astrid, who was frowning. "Oh gods, Hiccup. Don't tell me you like her." He just shrugged. She sighed and punched his shoulder. He cried out and clutched it, glaring at Astrid. "What the—" He was cut off as Astrid flicked his forehead. "Ow! What the hell, Astrid?" She sighed and rubbed her face. "Okay, okay. So you like her? How much?" Hiccup felt his cheeks flood with warmth. "A lot. Enough for me to say that 'I want her as mine'. Happy?" He watched as his closest friend sighed, then gave him a lopsided grin. "So when are you telling her?"

He flushed more, not liking how she was making his so easily flustered about you. "A-Astrid!" She laughed and shoved the shoulder she had punched. He visibly winced. "Alright, alright. I'll leave you be...for now." She gave him a sly smirk. "But come by the academy later. We still need to sort things out for the upcoming dragon race." Hiccup nodded, before turning away, calling out a "Goodbye." before re-saddling and sighing. "Sorry about that. Astrid was just...paranoid."

"About what?" You furrowed your brows as you wrapped your arms around his chest again. You hadn't paid attention to him and Astrid, as you were talking to Toothless about how he met Hiccup. You were surprised that Hiccup's original intention was to kill Toothless before he came to train him. "Oh, nothing much. She's not really trusting of outsiders and new arrivals. But don't worry!" Hiccup smirked as he pressed his body against the saddle, confusing you as your arms slid around his waist. "I talked some sense into her!" You opened your mouth to say something but instead shrieked as Toothless shot into the air.

"Hiccup!" You cried out, hitting a fist onto his back. He only laughed.