×SEVENTEEN×

Both mounted on your respective Night Furies, you flew through densely packed, blackened trees, seeing only smoke and mist in the area. What happened here? You asked silently, placing a hand on the back of Astra's neck reassuringly. After weaving around a few sea stacks, a huge chunk of ice stuck up out of the ocean, wood debris and other materials trapped within. You looked over to Hiccup, noticing the look of awe, curiosity and worry in his emerald eyes. Those damned eyes. You shook your head, cheeks flushing slightly and turned back to the glacier.

"Whoa..." Hiccup said, almost too quietly for you to hear. He turned back to you, noticing that you were mirroring his reaction. "Stay close." He said, a little too defensively, in your opinion. Although you listened, tailing him and Toothless as they flew in. As you approached, you realised that it was a fort, blown apart by whatever had caused the giant ice spike. You wracked your mind for potential dragons as you flew in closer, but couldn't name any. You both noticed your dragons grow uneasy, Toothless more than Astra. "I feel the residual presence of an Alpha. Not...not too sure what species though." Astra crooned softly. You stroked the back of her neck soothingly. Out of the corner of your eye, you spotted people. "Hiccup, look!" You gasped, making him look forwards, only to hear men yelling "Fire!" and launching nets with bolas attached. You both ducked out of the way, but Toothless wasn't fast enough and began to plummet. "(Name)!" Hiccup cried, as his prosthetic detached from the saddle and he began falling away from Toothless. Astra swept in and grabbed his leg. "Did you grab the right leg?" You asked, and Astra looked down at her claws to see Hiccup's good leg in her clutches. She crooned. "Yep!"

Toothless landed with a thud. You could hear his cry from the air. He tried to jump up but the bolas had wrapped around his front legs and he couldn't get up. He began forming a plasma blast as men rushed at him, a man yelling; "Mind the blast!" as he leapt over debris and ice, landing on Toothless' head and forcing him to swallow the blast. "Tie those legs up!" came his command, as he pulled some rope and began tying the Night Fury's hind legs together. Astra began speeding towards the men, her speed increasing and causing the infamous 'whistle' as she drew near. The man who was calling the commands gasped and looked up. "Stop!!" Hiccup shouted as you approached, Astra slowing so she could place him gently onto the ground before landing. "Toothless!" He ran towards his dragon, only to stumble back and regain his balance as men rushed to defend their catch.

You leapt off Astra and started running forwards as Hiccup pulled out a sword, the blade shooting out and and starting to burn as he waved it around. You stumbled backwards, as to not get hit. "Back again..." The man mumbled, before he glanced at Astra. "Soil my bridges, that is another Night Fury. Thought they were all gone for good." He said with a smile, now standing dismissively on Toothless' back. "Looks like a turn for the better lads. I don't think Drago has one of those in his dragon army." You furrowed your brows, repeating "Dragon army?" just a tad louder than a whisper. "Look, we don't want any trouble." Hiccup said, taking a careful step forward. The man rolled his eyes. "Ha! You should have thought of that before taking all of our dragons, and blowing our fort to bits!"

"Wait," you chuckled slightly, "you think we did this?" The man sighed. "Dragon trapping is as hard as it is, without do-gooder dragon riders, sneaking in to rescue them." Hiccup looked confused. "What do-gooder...Wait! Other—What other dragon riders?" The man didn't look impressed. "You mean, other than your thieving friend from last night? You tell me." He walked off Toothless' back, being sure to step on his head too. "Ow..." He groaned. You frowned at the Fury, knowing fully well you couldn't help him at that moment. "You may have an ice spitting dragon on your side, but we still have a quota to fill. How do you suppose we explain this mess to Drago Bludvist?"

"Dargo what-fist?" Hiccup echoed back, laughing a little. "Does anything you say make sense?" You gave him a side glare and he took a double take, giving you a small smile and a shrug. You sighed through your nose and rolled your eyes. "We have no idea about any of this." You say, daring to step closer. The men pushed a little closer, and the man, who was now casually beginning to pace, took a glance upwards. You turned your head slightly to see men with arrows and bolas launchers readying their weapons. You shuddered and turned back to the man, nudging Hiccup slightly, hoping he'd notice. "Just give us back our dragon, and we'll go. You'll never hear from us again, strange, hostile person who we've never met." Hiccup says, not taking notice to the emerging threat. "Oh, where are my manners?" The man says. "The name's Eret, son, of Eret. Finest dragon trapper alive. After all, it's not just anyone who can capture a Night Fury, let alone two." You and Hiccup glanced at each other quickly, as Astra growled at Eret. "And this is Astra," you quickly introduce. "She says we're leaving. Now." Hiccup adds. "Ha. They all say that. Rush 'em lads!"

You and Hiccup weave around to make your way to Toothless, as Astra fires multiple plasma blasts to distract the trappers by further ruining the fort. Hiccup ignites the sword again and cuts Toothless loose, before mounting him. Astra rushed to your side, and you quickly mount her. You both take off, avoiding bolas as they come your way. "You will never hold onto those dragons, you hear me?! Drago is coming for them all!" Eret yells, as you fly further and further from the ice spike. Hiccup looks back worriedly, and you slow to his pace, reaching out to calm him. He accepts, and Astra flies in closer as you stand and walk across her wings, and then Toothless' wings, before sitting behind Hiccup with your arms wrapped around his torso. He immediately relaxed into your touch and slumped against you slightly. The flight home was silent, but you didn't care, as you had your head resting on his shoulder, his head against yours, and he kept one hand over yours whilst the other held onto the saddle.