×THREE×

By the time he explained why you needed a kransen and the meaning behind it, the sun had sunk into the sky and the door downstairs had been open and shut. "That must be my dad." Without hesitation, he laced his hand with yours and lead you downstairs. Pink dusted your cheeks. It was an...awkward gesture, to say the least.

You both descended the stairs, a large, burly man with fiery red hair coming into view. Your heart stopped. Was this man his dad? They looked nothing alike! "Hey dad," Hiccup greeted, his father turned to face him. "Greetings son, what are you-" He cut himself off as he looked at you. You gulped, tightening your grip on Hiccup's hand. He seemed to tense, before giving you a reassuring squeeze. "Who's this lass?" He asked, gesturing towards you.

"Dad, this is (name). She's new here." His dad nodded. "Welcome lass. You can call me Stoick. I'm the Chief of Berk if you didn't know." He smiled. "So what village are you from?"

You hesitated and took a deep breath. "I...I'd rather not talk about that." Hiccup glanced at you briefly, before turning back to his dad. "Well, I thought I'd show her around Berk. Get her used to the island." Stoick walked over and clapped his son on the shoulder. You could see him visibly wince. "Aye, that's a good idea son." He leaned in, and whispered something in Hiccup's ear, which you couldn't hear.

"Treat her well son," Stoick whispered into Hiccup's ear. He took a moment to process what his father had said, face slowly burning. He forgot his father could see that they were holding hands, fingers laced together. His blush grew darker. "Dad!" Stoick laughed at his son, a proud glimmer in his eyes. He winked, his son groaning in annoyance and embarrassment. He's growing up so fast.

You tilted your head, confused as to why Hiccup had started blushing. You shrugged it off, however, and spoke up. "Um, well maybe we should leave the tour for another time. It is getting dark." You pointed out, looking out the window. Hiccup's hand loosened and pulled away from yours. You furrowed your brows but didn't question it. "That won't stop my son, lass."

You shrugged. Worth a shot. You timidly looked around the room, suddenly aware both men were looking at you. "Erm..." You chewed the inside of your mouth, looking back at Stoick and Hiccup. "So...um..." Stoick nodded and looked towards his son. "If she's new, she won't have a home, will she son?" Hiccup shook his head, and Stoick turned to face you again.

"Ah, well you're welcome to stay here as long as you need lass. Anything for a pretty lady my son brings over." Your cheeks burned in embarrassment, but their warm pink was nothing compared to the almost red-faced Hiccup beside you. "Dad!" He whined. Stoick laughed, the sound resonating around the room. You giggled, Hiccup eyeing you off with narrowed eyes as if to say 'you traitor'.

Stoick eventually nodded, looking to the ground then back up at the both of you. "Well, I should, y'know...head off to bed." Hiccup nodded quickly. "You should." Stoick chuckled then headed for the stairs. "Goodnight son. Goodnight (name)." He smiled as he climbed the stairs, murmuring to himself.

Once he was out of sight, Hiccup groaned. "Oh, my gods. That's was so embarrassing. I can't believe-" Everything caught up with you, and you started laughing. It's was just a small giggle at first, but it soon erupted into full-blown laughter. Hiccup watched, confused at first but soon he crossed his arms. "What's so funny?" He asked you, furrowing his brows.

It took you a moment to catch your breath before you turned to Hiccup and grabbed his hands in yours. "You and your dad. Watching you interact and get embarrassed was funny." And cute, you think to yourself, biting the corner of your lip. You mentally shook your head but knew it was impossible to think otherwise when Hiccup was adorable and full of charm.

Hiccup stared at you for a moment, watching you bite your lip and wondering what you were thinking in that head of yours. He started to take in more of your look. Your long, (colour) locks that went past your hips pulled back into the braid he tied for you earlier. Your (colour) eyes that seemed to glimmer whilst you looked away from him. The way your fingers laced together in front of you, as you thought to yourself silently.

He didn't know what this feeling towards you was. It reminded him of his admiration towards Astrid when he was younger, but...stronger. Much, much stronger. Was he attracted to you, with your alluring figure and sweet, sweet smile? He wasn't sure, but he knew he liked this feeling a lot. Especially as it was directed towards you.

You looked up at Hiccup, breaking away from your thoughts only to see him looking directly at you. Your face flushed with colour, but you smiled at him. Oh, gods, Hiccup thought to himself. That smile. It was making his heart quicken and a light warmth spread across his face. He was growing to love this feeling very quickly. And he wanted to feel it more. But it was soon getting awkward, so he coughed to break the silence. "W-well, um..." He mentally facepalmed at his stuttering, but his heart warmed at your giggle that soon followed, "I'll take the chair out here. You can have my bed."

You shook your head. "It's a lovely gesture, but I can't. You can have your bed. It's yours for a reason, Hiccup. I'll take the chair." Your modest and generous attempt to convince him against his offer made him smile a little. Just a small, half smile. "As convincing as you seem, I'm going to have to decline your declination. You're taking my bed, (name). End of discussion."

You sighed. It was certainly courteous, but you didn't want to steal his bed from him. He grabbed your hand and lead you up into his room again. He let go of your hand, regretting it soon after, fighting the sudden overwhelming urge to grab your hand again and going through his dresser. He pulled out an old, worn out tunic of his. "You can change into this as sleepwear. It's alright," he cut you off as you opened your mouth, "I haven't worn it in years. It's quite small for me now, but I have a feeling it'll fit you." He wanted to stand there, watch you and take in the alluring figure he saw, but he turned and left the room, closing the door a little as he left. Suddenly Toothless barrelled into him. "Ack! Bud, whoa! Down boy, down!" Hiccup yelped, trying to push his companion off him. After a few attempts, the black dragon got off him, not without licking his cheek happily. "Ew! Toothless you know this doesn't wash out!"

Confused at the commotion, you opened the door, wearing only his tunic that sat above your knees but still covered you entirely. The scene before you was confusing, to say the least, with Hiccup rubbing his left cheek in disgust and Toothless having what seemed to be a smug, gummy smile crossing his face. "Um?" You asked, gaining Hiccup's attention.

When he looked up at you, the world around him seemed to stop. Seeing you wear his old tunic gave some sense of...happiness? He couldn't place the feeling, but he knew he liked what he saw.

She's so...breathtaking. He looked up and grinned at you.