×TEN×

(Drawn by me :) I'd like to think this is what you wear during the raid, and as your go-to wear, unless otherwise specified)   

Several days had passed, and it was now the day of the raid. During the preparations, you had gotten around to training with Astrid, and to both your and her surprise, you could actually fight really well. At first, you had stumbled around, but it was like a certain move from Astrid triggered a series of memories and within moments you had beaten her. It came as a surprise to Hiccup when Astrid shared the news with him and Stoick later that night. Stoick seemed very pleased to hear of your marvellous fighting skills, but you knew those skills were just digging you a deeper hole.

As of now, you were seated on Toothless, awaiting Hiccup to mount his dragon and lead the raid on the English settlement Stoick had targeted. Hiccup had seemed a little distant the past few days like he was shutting himself down so he wouldn't feel anything towards the people they were invading. You felt terrible for him, but let him have his space. Astrid and Toothless were enough company for you. For now, anyway.

You turned and looked out at the mass of Vikings preparing to take off, awaiting the signal from Hiccup to follow his lead towards the settlement. You let out a sigh, fiddling with the long sword Stoick gave you for good luck the day beforehand, moving the straps so it sat more comfortably. Toothless crooned softly. "Are you alright?" You smiled at the Night Fury's attempt to comfort you. "Yeah, I'm okay Tooth." You leant forward on the saddle and stroked the dragon's head. "I just wasn't expecting this to really be happening." Toothless thrummed in response, giving his back a slight shake. "Try not to think about it so much, okay?" You smiled. "Alright."

"What are you two talking about?" You jolted upright, seeing Hiccup standing by the saddle and peering at the two of you with a bit of curiosity. "Nothing much. You ready?" You nervously bit your lip, looking into the familiar green eyes you were growing to love. Hiccup's breath hitched as he watched you bite your lip, lips quivering slightly as he thought of lurching forward and kissing you.

He shook his head and ran a hand through his hair, before looking back at you. "As ready as I'll ever be, I guess." You noticed him shrug a little, before slipping onto Toothless' saddle. You wove your arms around his waist, resting your chin on his shoulder so you could see in front of you. He tensed for a moment but eased into the saddle. You felt a slight drop in your stomach as the duo took off, your grip on Hiccup tightening a little.

You had flown for more or less an hour, as land came into view. Thatched houses appeared through the mist and what looked like a well in the centre became visible. Something about this...it was, you didn't know what it was. But coming here didn't feel right. It didn't feel right to attack people here. Hiccup got Toothless to shoot a plasma blast towards the sky, and that's when all hell broke loose.

Men, women and children screamed as the village burned, dragons everywhere with their riders swooping down and stealing any valuables they could find that wasn't burned. You turned your head holding onto Hiccup tighter as an uneasy feeling formed in your stomach. A man down below screamed in agony, his body alight in flames. You tightened your eyes, but the screams grew in number.

None of this felt right. But your eyes opened and you furrowed your brows at the faint calling of your name. "Hiccup, I think—" You were cut off by another shout of your name, this time louder. A man with (colour) hair stood below Toothless, tears brimming in his eyes. "Oh, God Almighty! (Name)!" Your grip on Hiccup loosened. "Take me down."

"But (name)—" You frowned. "Just do it." Hiccup sighed, as Toothless spiralled down towards the man. As you neared the ground you slipped off of Toothless, grunting as you hit the grass and rolled. The man rushed over to you and lifted you off the ground, gasping as he saw your face. Hiccup landed and frowned, coming over to stand by your side. "(N-name)? Is that really you?" He stammered, gently cupping your face in his hands. You furrowed your brows. "Who's asking?"  He pulled you into a tight hug, his eyes watering. "It really is you!"

The screech of a dragon made Hiccup look up, seeing Hookfang and Snotlout nearing you and this man, preparing to burn him alive. "Now bud, now!" He cried, as Toothless shot a plasma blast towards the skies, calling the raid to an end. Around him, he heard the many groans of his fellow villagers. They wouldn't be happy about this, not at all.

Hiccup rushed over to you, only to hear the man crying his old heart out, with you clutched in his arms. The man pulled away, tears still streaming down his face as he looked at you with a smile, and ran a hand down the side of your face. "My daughter has returned!" He shouted loudly, villagers both from his village and Hiccup's turning and looking at the source of the noise. The man's villagers began to swarm the both of you, cheering. Hiccup grumbled as people pushed past him, and made an effort to stay by your side.

"There's so much to talk about! I can't believe after twelve years, that you're still alive!" He cried as he pulled you into another hug.