×FIVE×

Hiccup tried to get comfy on the chair, but it wasn't made to sprawl out onto. He did manage to get comfortable after several readjustments, before settling and staring at the ceiling. His cheeks burned in embarrassment, but he felt pricks of satisfaction too. He was starting to understand how he felt towards you. It was a desire. It was a reassuring feeling. It was love.

It was embarrassing, too. He wanted to flaunt his feelings, show the world he wanted you as his, but he was afraid. Afraid that you didn't feel the same. Afraid that he'd be chasing after someone who felt nothing towards him. Scary thoughts, they were. But his overwhelming desire for you fought back against those thoughts.

It felt like a curse of sorts. He couldn't get you out of his head, no matter how hard he tried to. It was like someone had a vendetta against him and wanted him to overflow with emotions towards a girl he's only known for a day. But at the same time, he wanted to keep thinking of you. To keep seeing that sweet smile, to admire your beautiful hair and your perfect face. He wanted to hold you close, to feel your heart beating.

He sighed. "Oh, gods." He buried his face in his hands. "What do I do?"

You, on the other hand, were staring at the wall, eyes fluttering open and closed as you slowly drifted asleep. Questions buzzed in your head keeping you awake, but the day catching up with you made you oh so tired. What was he thinking? Were you insane because you understood Toothless? Was Toothless right in saying Hiccup liked you? Why did...why did your lips tingle when he gently brushed his thumb against them? You were clueless.

You had to admit; Hiccup was a handsome young man. He had charm, he was adorable...he was different around you than any other guys you knew. You didn't notice as you flushed, thinking of his gorgeous eyes and that damned smile of his.

But there was something else. You felt like you should know him. Like you should know Toothless, Stoick, this Astrid and Berk. As if you knew of them and just couldn't name what they were from. You shook your head and snuggled deeper into the blankets. Toothless stirred in his sleep for a moment, letting out a huff before going silent again.

You knew you had to remember. But how?

***

You awoke with a start. The air had left your lungs and you felt an increasing weight crush you. "Get up! Get up!"

"G-g—" You tried to cry out, but you were winded and couldn't find your voice. A little scrambling and gasps for air later, you spied a black Night Fury pinning you to the bed, his eyes wide with excitement and his hindquarters waggling. He was so much like a cat. Except for the crushing weight. "Get off her bud!" You heard Hiccup yell, hobbling over the bed quickly and trying to yank the overexcited dragon of you. A few tugs and then he was crushed by Toothless. "You ruined the fun!" He whined.

You quickly gasped for air, your hand flying to your chest. You tried to speak but you spluttered, coughing instead. Once you could breathe steadily, you looked at both dragon and rider. "What the hell Toothless?" You narrowed your eyes at him, but his cute, round pupils caught you off guard, your eyes softening. "Ugh, fine. You win, you overgrown lizard!" He chuffed in victory. "Works every time." You rolled your eyes.

Hiccup glanced at you. "You should get changed. You still need to know your way around Berk." You nodded and slipped out from under the covers. He eyed you off again, admiring the way you wore his old tunic. It suited you so well. He looked down at Toothless, a smile spreading across his face. He was loving this feeling towards you. You faced away from him, loosening the strings on the top of the tunic that made the collar smaller and went to lift the tunic off when you realised Hiccup was still there. You froze and blushed heavily. "Get out."

Hiccup furrowed his brows, then realised and laughed. He hoisted himself off the floor, walked past you, purposely brushing past you, and left. Your blush darkened, and he smirked to himself. "C'mon Toothless. You too." Hiccup called, waiting for his dragon to follow him before he closed the door.

You hadn't noticed beforehand, but there was another outfit laid out. When had he done that? You wondered but shook your head. Best not to ask. You looked through the clothing, trying to figure out what exactly had been given to you. You found that it was similar to yesterday's outfit, but that there were noticeable changes.

 You found that it was similar to yesterday's outfit, but that there were noticeable changes

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The dress itself was blue, a nice change from the beige one you were lent yesterday. There was no annoying apron, which was a nice change. But instead, this time you were given a corset. Tying that wasn't going to be easy. The dress flowed down to the floor, a slight gap keeping it from touching it. Hiccup opened the door and knocked on the door frame as you tried wrapping the corset around your waist. You jumped and squeaked.

Laughing, Hiccup apologised and grabbed the corset, threading through the strings and tightening them. You let out a hiss as he tightened it too much, and he stroked a hand down your back to soothe you. He then took a step back. "There." You looked down and gave a little twirl, trying to see the strings behind your back. Hiccup smiled to himself. Then he frowned.

"You don't have any shoes, do you?" You froze and looked up at him. "No, no I don't..." He gave out a sigh, before holding out his hand. "Come, before we start the tour I'll quickly buy you a pair." You had grabbed his hand before he spoke, but once you heard what he had you say you shook your head. "Oh Hiccup, you don't need to do that."

He smiled down at you. "It's really not an issue. Now come, I want to get you used to the island by sun high." And with that, you were dragged out of his bedroom, and out the front door.

Oh boy, You thought to yourself.