×NINE×

After a while, you had calmed down enough to even out your breathing and stop the trickle of tears that had escaped from your eyes. You tried to preoccupy yourself by going through different apps, and listening to music. It was weird. This world was so different, and in the few days you had been here, you had adjusted to it unconsciously.

An hour went by, and by then you had calmed and were just lazing about, staring at your mobile device and just wondering how all of this had happened. There was no way that this was even possible, yet...here you were. It didn't make any sense. How could this even be possible?

You shrugged it off and ran a thumb down the side of the device. You'd have to find a way to hide this from everyone. That included Hiccup. A strange thing from the future would deem you...what would it deem you? A witch? You shuddered at the thought of being drowned or burnt alive.

You snapped out of your thoughts as you heard the door creak open, quickly panicking and at the last minute sitting on your phone. Hiccup opened his bedroom door to reveal a suspicious looking (name). He narrowed his eyes but didn't question you. "Sorry I took so long, dad wanted to go over the attack plans." You winced, remembering the raid plans Stoick had announced not too long beforehand. You had completely forgotten.

"It's fine, really." You looked around the room, breaking eye contact. "Like I said, it's not your fault about me being brought along." Hiccup sighed and sat beside you on the bed. "I just..." He seemed hesitant like he was scared to say whatever he had to say. "I...you know what? Nevermind." You frowned. "You can't just do that, you know." He shrugged, and looked up at the ceiling, flopping back onto the bed. "I don't want you getting hurt." He finally admitted, turning his head to look at you.

You smiled a little. "I won't get hurt if I'm with you, will I?" There was a slight teasing tone to your question as you leaned towards Hiccup. "Of course not, I won't let you off Toothless until we arrive back on Berk." He's so cute. You smile to yourself, before flushing and mentally shaking your head. What? No...I... You sat upright and looked down at your hands. Hiccup rolled onto his side and propped his head upon the palm of his hand. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I—" You squeaked as you were cut off, the pressing weight of a Night Fury increasing. You gasped for air and tried to push him off, but he only thrummed in amusement and latched onto you, pulling you towards the floor. There was a small thump as something hit the floor, the same time Toothless pulled you off the bed, but it went unnoticed and the device slipped under the bed. "I got you!" Toothless laughed, eyes half-lidded as he gave an amused gummy smile.

His tail was waggling side to side in excitement. You let out a weak, wheezy laugh, the air in your chest slowly returning. "Gee, thanks Tooth." You managed to say, writhing to get out of the Night Fury's grasp. He let go and let you get up, before rolling over and standing. "You're welcome."

Hiccup sat there with a goofy grin plastered on his face. "What?" You asked, seating yourself beside him on the bed once again. He shook his head and smiled. "Ah, it's nothing. Don't worry." You rolled your eyes with a small smile. "What did I say about doing that?" You countered, poking his chest plate with a little force. He laughed and ran a hand through his hair. "I know, I know. But it really doesn't matter." He nodded his head a little, then stood abruptly. "We better let you head off to bed. There's a lot of preparations we'll have to make in the following days." You frowned slightly, but nodded. "Yeah, right. Um...Goodnight, Hiccup."

He smiled at you, not wanting to leave but knowing it wouldn't be right to just follow you into the bed and pull you close to him. No, he'd have to wait. "Goodnight, (name)." And with that, he left the room, Toothless hot on his heels. "Night, (name)." Toothless crooned, before following his rider again. You smiled to yourself, before remembering your phone. You jumped off the bed and looked around on the sheets and under clothes, but it wasn't there.

You got down on all fours and fumbled around, but it was nowhere in sight. Your eyes watered and you sat upright on the floor. "Oh no..." You murmured, climbing into the bed and giving one last look around before trying to get comfortable. "Well...At least without the phone, nothing bad can happen, right?"

You sighed and pulled the blanket up to your chin, eyes exploring the room with a glint of worry. You knew if Hiccup found it, you were screwed. But at the same time, you wanted to tell him. Honestly, it was killing you inside. You didn't want to lie to him — you couldn't lie, you were starting to like him a lot more than you expected — but at the same time, you wanted to shelter him from the truth about his world.

But it all felt too real. How could this world be fake?  And with that one last thought, you drifted off to sleep.