What's Wrong?

Waiting for morning is a pain in the ass...I couldn't sleep for the entire night even though I was dead tired! I wanted to take my sleeping pills but my psychiatrist, about whom I recently got to know that she is my mausi (mother's sister), has waved a strict 'no' 'no' to them. According to her, I was becoming an addict to these medicines and I needed to stop immediately.

I had nothing to talk to Arjun about so I prayed that I don't see his face today but unfortunately I got Pooja's reminder right when I opened my room's door about the Thaka Ceremony.

Ughh...that's a small get together of family and close friends just before the hectic schedule of all the rituals and functions begin.

I don't know what sort of drama is waiting for me today. It was way too much yesterday. A lot of drama and the timing was also amazing.

Arjun got to know about his kids and though he sounded that he believed me and not through lame remakes over me, he asked for a proof through a DNA test which I am certainly not planning in any situation.

I got to know about my reality. The bitter reality that I am an illegitimate child. My parents couldn't stay together and that Aahil is my step brother.

I guess I should stop worrying now. There's nothing that can change any of the facts mentioned above and I know I cannot even wish for anything like this so ignoring everything that happened last night, I stood up and prepared well for the Thaka. I knew I couldn't afford a dull face and unexplainable looks.

All my face packs and my best Indian dresses came on a display. Arjun didn't show up again and I thanked my stars for it but little did I know that it was a joy of just an hour.

The moment I took a bath and changed into my casuals, I got another call from my Pooja telling me there was someone downstairs waiting to meet me.

"For me? Are you sure?" I asked, confirming it was really me she was talking about.

"Yes ma'am. Confirmed," She confirmed and I was like, 'who the fuck is it?' and at the same time I was also a little scared, 'what if it's Aahana and Aryan with all my friends?'

Damn!

I quickly rushed downstairs thinking what if Aahana and Aryan are here and I was also a little furious. Nothing was going the way I wanted things to go. It all happened so suddenly. I don't want Arjun to meet them or get close to them in any case. It's not like if he files a custody, I wouldn't be able to fight back or something with good legal arguments, it's just that I don't want my children to face a situation where they will have to choose between their mother and father. I never got a choice but even if I would, I don't know why but I might have chosen none of them. Yeah! And that's true.

The moment I descended downstairs, I was greeted by a set of three people and all of them had a smiling face. Ofcourse I was shocked to see them here but how could I forget, it was their house.

"Amaya?" Came Rhea's voice and I was like, Rhea??? Is that really you?

She had changed completely. From long, waist length hair to red coloured, blunt hair. From high hells to high knee length flat boots. She looked like a rockstar.

I walked to them slowly, confused and shocked at the same time and took my own sweet time to hug Rhea.

I touched Arjun's mom and dad's feet and they blessed me and also hugged me.

"How are you?" Asked mom. (My third mom...hilarious)

"I am great and you all say," I enquired as a courtesy.

"We are all good. And where's bhai?" Asked Rhea.

"Preparing for his wedding," came my smart mouth reply and I was like...yeah yeah! Ofcourse.