Half Brother

You know, I had no plans of posting an update before 27th but then...I got a lot of inbox, message board and comments messages to update so here I am presenting before you a brand new chapter! Enjoy, comment and vote.

____________________________________

Disha and Arjun loved each other since like forever. Or maybe that's what Disha bragged about during her entire teenhood.
I had always heard about this guy whose name was Arjun and his best friend Parth but never met them in person. Both of them were like brothers. Best friends forever.

As I have told you about this earlier, I wasn't much of a career oriented creature. I dreamt of getting married since childhood and that too to a nice guy who would be caring and loving...that's it! And I forgot the most important element trust. Again, I never thought about it...it was like 'if there's love, there's trust' and I was wrong.

My marriage checklist was all perfect but the moment things took an ugly turn in our lives, I quickly added a box signifying trust but it never got ticked...

Passion. Check
Love. Check
Care. Check
Compatibility. Check
Looks. Check
Sex. Check
Trust. ?

I had always cared for my family's reputation. I could do anything for them even though it won't get me the best outcome. I even sacrificed my dream college! I left everything...for him and for my family. How? Then let's jump to the darkest chapter of my life.

Eight years ago...

"Meera chill okay? Zara is all done with her packing and Kabir too is all set. I just have to do a last check of my stuff and I am also done. So now, you just go and chill," I said as I packed my lingeries in the lingerie bag.

"I still cannot believe it yaar. Zara, you and I are going to the same college dude...and Kabir and Zara are married. I know it will be a long distance kind of thing but...I know they will manage!" Meera said dreamily.

"God...life in New York is going to be so damn amazing. With three of us in the same apartment...we'll start from a scratch. It will be awesome," I squealed in joy.

"So, all the functions done?" She asked.

"What functions?" I asked, not taking a note of what she said as I was busy counting my magazines.

"Arre...that mehendi, sangeet and all and all," she stated.

"Oh yeah! All done. The wedding is tomorrow," I said as I took a last check of my backpack.

"Be on time Amaya. An hour early means an hour early," she said in a strict tone.

"As if you're going to be early," I taunted. This girl can never be on time..

"I will reach there two hours before," she said and we burst out laughing.

"Okay listen, is your mom coming to drop you at the airport?" She asked, acting all cautious types.

"Nah! She's busy. Driver and bhai!" I replied as I took a seat on the floor.

"Great and Mahira?" She asked

"Ughhh...she's is upset and her melodrama...don't go and how can you enjoy living in NYC and all," I said. "I mean she's my best friend but you know...it's complicated. Friendships these days," I added.

"Chill yah...she just wants you around. She just wants you around all the time but that's not possible!" Meera said.

"Yeah but...hmm...maybe," I couldn't agree more to her. It wasn't like she was wrong but she wasn't right either.