It Ends Now

He took one final breath and blurted, "I am your half brother,"

The moment he said that, I knew he wasn't joking or something.

I was still. Everything was still around us. I knew he meant what he said.

After about two minutes of tensed silence, he spoke, "Amy, say something,"

I still didn't dare open my mouth. I had no thoughts running in my mind. I had no clue of what to say or what to ask.

My half brother...brother from the same father was standing in front of me and I had thought of him as a friend all these years.

"Amaya, just say something...you are scaring me," he shook me by clutching my arms.

"What should I say?" I monotonously asked.

"Wait...you knew about it?" He enquired and tried to look into my eyes.

I simply nodded. My expressions, I believe was as plain as rice.

"When?" He simply said that to himself but I know he must be secretly thanking his stars that he didn't have to face my wrath of not accepting the reality.

I heard his question and cleared his confusion, "Today...mom and dad were fighting over me but...let's just not go there,"

He didn't say anything, he just simply stood beside me. Suddenly, I felt this sudden urge to cry. There wasn't any emotion running in my body but I still felt like I was broken. I trusted Aahil...I trusted him so much and now when I am facing another hurricane of my life, he just came out of nowhere and told me about another nasty truth of my life.

I don't even have a proper existence. Who is my father? Who is my family? Who are my friends? Who's my foe? I don't know. I just feel so empty. And with this I felt my throat get heavy and my eyes became moist.

Within a few seconds I started weeping. Silent and kept it to myself till Aahil noticed it. I don't know why but I had a sudden anger attack and the moment he tried consoling me, I pushed him away with a great force.

"MOVE AWAY," I shouted and with teary face and messed up hair, I barged out of the washroom. I heard him say sorry to me while he ran behind me but I didn't listen to him.

I took the path, straight towards the exit and left the dinner get -together with a broken heart and distraught mind.

I reached the parking area where I just couldn't control but burst into tears. I just stood beside my car and cried for about two minutes when Aahil came running behind me and stood right in front of me.

"Amaya I am sorry," he said.

"You could have told me," I wasn't loud but my voice had become really heavy. It always happens when I cry.

"I tried...but dad asked me to not say a word about it," he apologized as well as reasoned.

"I always thought I could trust all five of you..." I said.

"You can still trust me," he assured.

"But I don't. Aahil...you know me since so long. Six years Aahil. You have seen everything. You've seen what pain I have been through and you know this was something I should I have known earlier..." I explained.

"I know Amaya and that's why I didn't want to break you more," he said.

"I am already broken and you know what, this heart is now habituated to such shocks," I replied and burst into tears again.

He just pulled me into a brotherly hug and stroked my back.

"Does my real dad hate me too?" I asked as my crying reduced.