Chapter 45: That damn ocean

It was time to get down to business.

Elena had made her decisions.

She was leaving the island.
She didn't know how yet but she was leaving. Diana was either with her or against her. She was done hiding, concealing and being scared of what was to come.

She had a new outlook on life. She was going to live it in the now. She was done planning for the future and worrying about what was in store.

She walked up to the throne where Hippolyta sat and Diana stood beside as they planned out new defence lines.

Elena bowed and looked up. "My apologies for disturbing you guys but I need to tell you something.",Elena announced.

The two looked at each other and then at Elena. "Of course, is everything alright?",Diana asked.

"Honestly no it's not, but that's okay I'm fixing it",Elena explained. "I know you don't agree with this but, I have to leave the island",Elena came out.

Diana looked at her mother worriedly and not angry like Elena expected.

" This is my life and I'm done hiding I'm going to spend the rest of my life doing what I want, and that's helping people",she crossed her arms.

"Elena you weren't hiding",Diana said quietly.

"Well that's what it felt like",Elena sighed.

"But thank you for taking me in and giving me a home I know you broke a lot of laws for me to stay here, and I am forever grateful but it's time I went home and be with my parents and Sam.",she smiled.

Diana said nothing. "Give it sometime before you go",Diana perked up. "3 days",Elena's said and she nodded.

Elena spotted a new woman was in the library. She was the new librarian. Elena greeted her. The woman bowed. "You grace",she greeted Elena. "Why are you bowing?",Elena said embarrassed.

"You are Diana's daughter, why wouldn't I bow?",she asked.

"Never mind",Elena sighed.

"These are yours I do believe",the woman handed Elena, Megaera's glasses.

"I'm not sure what they are...so I didn't clean them or anything",the woman said making Elena remember that Megaera was the only woman wearing glasses on the island.

Elena looked at the glasses, they were cracked and there was blood spattered on them.

"Thank you", Elena said sheepishly.

Elena put the glasses down on her table.

She stared at them for awhile. Then rooted for something. She took out two crumpled pieces of paper. They were the sketches Damian had left by the candles. One was of Megaera and the other of Elena.

Hippolyta had given them to her days after.

Elena looked around at her room. She wasn't sure what she was going bring back to man's world. She stared at her armour on its stand. She hadn't put it on since.

She usually was busy bothering Megaera. Now she wandered the castle aimlessly and lonely.

She bounced a ball against a wall repeatedly in a hallway at one stage of her boredom. Diana spotted her and gave a very worried look.