Chapter 5: Popularity

It was the last week in school before summer was out and you could feel the buzz of excitement among the students.
Elena was sitting with her friends Myria and Alix at lunch and they were having a deep conversation on who was the coolest Justice League member while eating their lunch. Myria had wavy light brown hair, that she always wore down with a pink hairband. Alix had straight chestnut brown hair and everyday she a new pair of quirky earrings. Today she was wearing to bottles of ketchup dangling from her ears .
"It's totally Batman",Elena said taking a bite out of her sandwich.
"No way the Flash is the coolest by far, he has a sense of humour!", Alix interrupted
"I think we can all agree that Wonder Women is the best.",Myria said smiling.
The 3 looked at each other.
"Definitely."they all said at once and laughed.

The cafeteria was booming today, since today was free pizza slice day. People chatted and laughed among their friend groups, until the popular kids walked in. The air suddenly became tight and people shushed each other.
Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared.

The popular kids consisted of:
Damian Wayne, Bruce Wayne's son
Lola Franklin, John franklins daughter (Bruce Wayne colleague)
Ethan Summers, wealthy and handsome (the guy is a total douche)
Bart Allen, fastest kid in the school.
Sandra Queen, Oliver Queen's niece.

Lola was hanging off Damian as usual.
Sandra and Bart were just chatting to each other and Ethan was being his douchey self.
The group sat down and everyone continued talking but many people still stared, not often did they eat in the cafeteria.
Elena continued her conversation with her friends.

———

Damian looked over at Elena and her friends, who were laughing and talking. He smiled at the thought of her not staring at him like the rest of the cafeteria.
When Damian turned back to his table, he found Lola staring at him with arms crossed and with an annoyed expression on her face. "What?",he said rudely.
"Who are staring at?",she snapped.
"No one and why do you care?",he snapped back.

She seemed to be extremely offended by his answer.
"You were looking at that group of senior year girls?",she questioned looking over in the direction he'd been looking.
"What? No",Damian said disgusted.
Lola looked again.
"How about the Natasha girl, were you looking at her?",she asked.
"Lola stop",Damian wasn't impressed.

Then Lola saw Elena.
"Don't tell me you were looking at Elena freaky Sullivan", she snorted loudly.
"She's not a freak, if anyone's a freak it's you Franklin!",Damian had to hold his anger.

That confirmed it for Lola.
Bart spat out his food in laughter.
"You were looking at her",she glared at him.
"Look Wayne if you haven't realised, I'm your girlfriend so you keep your eyes on me", she hissed.
Damian stared at her as if he wanted to slit her throat.
That's what he did when people pissed him off when he was a member of the League of Assassins but he then he remembered what father had said to him the other night about how John Franklin actually worked for Bruce.
"I never asked you to be my girlfriend",Damian gritted through his teeth."Go grab me a bottle of water from the vending machine."she waved him off.

Damian glared at her as she leaned back on her chair chewing her gum and smirking.
"Get it yourself",he snapped as he stood up furiously and walked off towards a group of boys talking.

Lola nearly cracked up when he denied her order. She shoved her lunch over to Ethan.
"Lola take a chill pill will ya?",Bart rolled his eyes. "Stop pushing Damian around",Sandra added softly.
"No one asked your opinions dork faces",she spat.