Chapter 14: maybe he will be proud?

Alfred and Damian sat in a restaurant Alfred ordered fish. Damian ordered a vegan burger. Damain hadn't said anything since the gym and Alfred was getting nervous. "Do you want to tell me what happened outside the gym?",Alfred asked.Damian looked off he wasn't acting himself."Damian you can tell me",Alfred tried to comfort him. Damian sighed."Elena was upset"Alfred raised an eyebrow"okay I figured that part out but why?"Damian sighed. Damian explained everything. He explained how Lola had messed with Elena and then explained how she wanted to beat  Lola in this competition. Alfred shook his head as he was taking everything in. He then explained that since it was the final they wanted a proper performance and Elena had planned that her friend Chloe would play the violin with her...but Elena got a text from Chloe telling her she couldn't play because of personal matters. "So Elena is upset that her friend can't play with her?",Alfred said looking as if this situation was an entire overreaction. "Lola has blackmailed Chloe""do you have any proof?",Alfred said raising an eyebrow."Chloe called Elena last night and told her",Damian said."so now what?",Alfred said trying to look serious.Damian sighed. "I'm...",Damian  looked up at the ceiling and closed his eyes. "Im going to play instead",he said quickly.Alfreds eyes widen."what really?!?",Alfred said loudly then he coughed and tried to look serious. "You can't tell father.",Damian said quietly."aww master Damian please let me tell him he will be so proud of you",Alfred smiled. Damian looked away "he will think I'm weak or not worthy for the title he has given me"Alfred smiled."master Damian your father wants you to be happy.he doesn't care what you do he just wants to see you enjoying life as a child because once that's gone it's gone Bruce never got the opportunity to be a kid or teen he hasn't been a child since he was 10 years old so I strongly advise he is told." Damian sighed. In a way he felt sorry for his father he sometimes thought what it would be like if Bruce's parents hadn't died. Maybe Damian wouldn't exist maybe dick Grayson would have been a lonesome orphan and you could have said the same thing about Jason. Maybe this concert thing might put a smile on Bruce's face maybe he might laugh and maybe Bruce will be proud of him.Damian nodded. Alfred was delighted.

"But Alfred please just tell father no one else"
"Of course not master Damian",Alfred smirked. Alfred had other ideas.