Chapter 17: happy shoppers

There was silence in the car. Alfred wasn't much of a conversation maker and Damian kept replaying the scene in his head of Elena trying to get him to go shopping and him acting like a child. He looked out the window in despair. She must think I'm a spoiled brat he thought to himself. Elena on the other side of the car was very embarrassed she should have just left him alone she didn't need to shout like that it was rude and I'm sure the Wayne's must think she's a horrible person and Damian..she thought oh no he must think I'm crazy she but her hands to her face cringing.

"Damian I'll be back at 6:30 sharp to collect you two don't be late and Damian you have your fathers credit card yes?" Alfred said checking. "Yes Alfred I do see you at 6",Damian said showing him the card. They started walking into the mall and Damian put up his hood"why did you that it's not raining for once?",Elena said. He looked at her and Elena panicked he said nothing and he put up her hood up too."you really think we can walk around that place without getting noticed. "Oh yeah..",Elena said feeling stupid.Damian look around at the mall he'd never been here before so this was new to him. "Okay Damian where do you want to go first?",Elena said"home",Damian mumbled."Damian please the quicker we get this done the quicker you go home",she said trying to settle a deal with him. He nodded once again as he was still getting used to replying back without offending someone in the highest manner. They began the venture into the shopping centre Damian was low key sulking but he still felt bad about earlier so he tried to have interest in what Elena was trying to explain to him.they went to the tailor where Alfred had recommended earlier. They walked in and looked around Damian looked at the price tag of one of the suits it read$2000 he shrugged his shoulders "not bad ",Damian said. Elena followed up behind him and and read it.her eyes widen she put down the price tag and walked away. The tailor came out from behind the curtain. "Why hello children how may I help you?",he said in a Italian accent."I need a suit ",Damian said blankly he didn't like being called a child."I'm sorry but aren't you a bit young to-"Damian stopped him by showing him the Wayne enterprise credit card. The tailors eyes widen."mr. Bruce Wayne's son",he said shocked."of course now you my boy you are an exception lets get started now yes?"he directed Damian to the changing rooms."I'll get some fabrics and suits and I'll be right back and miss you can sit here yes?",he said excitingly. Elena sat down in the red velvet couch located in the middle of the dressing cubicles. Elena and Damian were the only 2 in the store and it was quiet. Damian was about to say something until the Italian tailor bursts in"haha did you miss me but do not worry I am back and I have brought lots of choices for you to chose yes?,he said displaying the wealth looking fabrics."okay but first I need you to take off your clothes yes?",he said to Damian. Damian went red "what no""it is okay I need you measurement for your suit okay."I'll do it inside the changing room",Damian said quickly "nonono I'll get your bottom measurement inside there I need your top measurement here because you need to put your arms out and the dressing rooms are to small okay",the tailor explained. Elena didn't know what she should do. She was extremely uncomfortable. After a few minutes of bickering and persuading Damian gave in. He took off his top. The tailor and Elena let out a quiet gasp.He was tanned and had the famous six-pack and had all the muscles but He was covered in scars and burns. Damian looked away in embarrassment. The tailor blew it off and began taking his measurement. Elena sat there with a worried look on her face and he turned around and the scars were all over his back and there was a mark burned onto him. Elena put hands to her mouth. Damian felt like dying even though the Lazarus pit had brought him back it didn't heal his scars and now Elena would judge him for what she had seen. He hated every minute of it. The tailor took the rest of the measurements and told them he would be an hours making the suit so they could come back in an hour to collect it. Damian had become sadly quiet."Damian let's grab something to eat and talk about this or if you don't want to talk that's fine as well its your choice.",Elena said trying to sound calm and not concerned."no I wanna explain this to you",he said looking away."okay then",she smiled and put up her hood. She then glared at Damian and she put up his hood too.Damian froze and looked at her she was smiling and looking straight ahead her crazy blonde hair was to big to hide in the hood so it came out of her hood at either side of her face. she was pretty he thought as he smiled to himself. He hesitated. He thought Elena was pretty. Damian had a feeling in the bottom of his stomach that he had never felt before. He didn't know what to make of it. He continued walking with Elena but he was internally screaming.