Chapter 4: Gotham Gossip

The next morning Damian woke up later then usual as he'd gotten a bad punch to the ribs that night and was truly feeling the effects of it now. His phone vibrates on his bedside table and he grumbled. He unlocked his phone to find over 30 missed calls and about 50 texts from Lola.
The last one saying:
Hey babe x just letting you know I got into the semi finals it's on next Sunday in Metropolis see you there xx

Damian groaned at the sight of it, Lola's performance yesterday had been good but he had been hoping she wouldn't get through because he was never going to hear the end of it this week.
He just stuffed his face in his pillow and pulled the sheets over his head.
———
Elena finished buttering her toast as she sat down to eat her breakfast and watch some cartoons with Sam.
In the corner of her eye she could see the "Gotham Gossip" magazine on the kitchen counter. Her mother loved reading about all the different gossip stories and getting house interior ideas from it. Elena had never actually read this magazine because it wasn't something she had interest in. The body shaming of women that was a constant topic in the magazine also gave her another reason not to read it.
However something looked frighteningly familiar about the cover of this issue.
She grabbed the magazine and her eyes widen.
On the front cover posed Damian Wayne and Lola Franklin.
Lola was hugging Damian and Damian was giving his trademark smile and it was titled "Newest Celebrity Couple in Gotham?!?"
Why did this annoy her?
She didn't care what Lola was doing anymore.
And Damian-
Elena looked at his smirking face blankly.
She then got up and threw the magazine into the fireplace in the living room. As she walked up the stairs her mother shouted from the kitchen. "Elena, you got into the semifinals!"
Elena didn't answer her mother, she just kept walking she really didn't care.