Chapter 44: metu mortis

Diana flew back, followed by the rest of the warriors. She couldn't believe what she saw. Some of the city was in rubble.

"Nonononononono",Diana said looking around at the disaster. She ran over and helped a woman to her feet. The rest of the warriors from Diana's group helped everyone they could.

Diana continued helping until Artemis nudged her . "Diana look",Artemis looked up and pointed at the palace, at the top of the city, they're was a huge hole in the front of it.

Diana looked up and panicked. "Great Hera! No!",she took off to the palace. "Mother? Elena? Anyone?",she called desperately. There was no answer.

She moved rubble out of her way and followed the trail of destruction, "mother? Elena? Please anyone?",she cried.

"Damian! Stephanie's cooking dinner tonight. She wants to know what would you like since you're vegetarian",Tim came down to the batcave. There was no answer.

"Damian? I know you're here, you're utility belt is here and you never leave without it!",Tim called picking up Damian's  belt. Once again there was no answer.

"Damian this isn't funny.",Tim wasn't impressed. Tim walked to the lab area. No Damian. He went down to vehicles Damian sometimes make adjustments to his stuff but no Damian.

He check the dinosaur, Damian studied in there sometimes. He wasn't there either.

Tim was beginning to worry. He went to the computer and turned on Damian's tracker. It said he was in the cave.

It said it Damian was beside his locker. Tim was furious. "Damian! Seriously with everything going on, playing these damn games? Seriously?! I thought you were more mature then that!",Tim stamped over to the lockers.

Diana saw her mother straight ahead of her. "Mother!",Diana ran up to her. Hippolyta coughed. "Are you hurt?",she said worried.

Hippolyta coughed again trying to tell her something. "I tried, she took us by surprise",she coughed. "But Elena",she got out. "Where is she?",Diana said in a frenzy.

Tim looked around the corner. "I swear to god Damian",he complained. Hippolyta pointed across the room. Diana's heart sank. She saw Elena laying lifeless on the ground.  Tim saw Damian on the ground.

Everything slowed up.

Diana scrambled over to Elena. Tim scrambled over to Damian. Diana turned Elena over. Tim turned Damian over. Diana saw the noticeable white blonde streak in Elena's hair. Tim saw the symbol on Damian's forearm. It looked painfully sore. The skin around it was red and sore.

Tim could have sworn Damian was dead. He put his ear to Damian's chest and listened for his heart. Thankfully it was beating.

Elena's was too. But it was light. So was her breathing. Artemis and guards ran in. "My queen!",Artemis ran to Hippolyta.

"Damian! Damian!",Tim shook him. "Stephanie!",Tim yelled. "Stephanie!",he called even louder.

"Artemis call Superman! Call him now!",Diana yelled.

"Computer, call Stephanie!",Tim commanded. The computer called Stephanie.

Stephanie had earphones listening to PATD, while making casserole. Her phone rang and rang until it rang off.