Chapter 1: Friday Evenings

Every Friday evening after school, Damian Wayne has a violin class.
And no he isn't being taught he's the one teaching.
At first, he would dread teaching simple chords to snotty brats half his size but eventually the kids grew on him. He doesn't do it for the money, he does it to please his father. Bruce had said that Damian needed to learn how to be less confrontational and what better way to achieve this but with children who will constantly test your patients.
He started doing the lessons in Gotham Central Elementary School and kindergarten at the beginning of the school year. The money he makes from the lesson he has no need for so all of goes towards animal shelters around Gotham.

Every Friday evening after school, Elena Sullivan has to pick up her little brother Sam from his violin lesson.
Elena could see Sam through the slit window of the classroom door, she watched as Damian Wayne helped Sam place the violin under his neck correctly. Sam looked up, immediately spotting Elena through the door and began waving frantically. Damian turned to see what Sam was looking at and scowled deeply when he saw her.
Elena felt a shiver up her spine and then felt the urge to stick her tongue out at Damian but realised that wouldn't be setting the best example for Sam so she just waved sheepishly and moved out of Sam's view.
She really didn't like Damian Wayne.

The great and almighty Damian Wayne and Elena both attended the prestigious Gotham Academy. Damian had a tendency to hang around with the popular people in school which made logical sense since the popular people were some of the wealthiest people's sons and daughters in Gotham, Damian's father being the wealthiest of all of them.
They were also rumours swirling around, saying that Elena's ex-best friend Lola was going out with him. So she had decided to avoid him as much as she could so a conversation would not be sparked.

Elena feared Lola.
Elena was not ashamed to admit that.
She had learned after years of being Lola's personal punching bag or best friend; that she was a self-absorbed, manipulated spoiled rich kid. Elena personally didn't know Damian well enough to have a genuine opinion of him, but she had decided  that anyone who hangs around with Lola is no friend of hers.

Elena's brother Sam had only turned four recently. Their mother had said he was too young to understand the notes but nether the less, he clearly enjoyed his lessons with Damian.

Once Sam's lesson ended, Damian and Elena meet briefly, it usually consists of Sam babbling to the two of them about the lesson as Damian tried to make head or tail of Elena. Every girl he'd met at school wanted his undivided attention yet Elena couldn't care any less about him. She hadn't even blushed when he'd stared at her earlier.
Now that he thought about it, he should have smiled instead of  scowling at her.
He watched as she avoided his eye contact and handed him a $20 bill for the lesson and hurried Sam out into the evening air. Elena made sure Sam said thank you and waved goodbye but she certainly did not.

Damian realised something as he watched the two of them walk out the school gates.
She didn't like him.