Epilogue - "Wishes Do Come True"

“Off on the road then, eh?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, it was nice to meet you. I hope I see you again!” I smiled. Harry and Ethan were boarding the S.S. Anne, and we were just saying our goodbyes. They'd decided to go home to train, and besides, Ethan had a region to get back to. We stood away as the plank was pulled in. They leaned over the bars and waved. We all waved back. Two great people, off home. “See ya!” Ethan called.

“Bye!” Harry shouted. And then the boat was gone, pulling out of Vermillion harbour. They would always be remembered. Both of them had saved me from a speeding bullet before. They were special friends that held a dear place in my heart.

“Toby, I've decided to go home.” Jamie told me. He had been quiet for the majority of the trip, but now he spoke his mind.

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah... But I'll try and meet up with you in the future!” He smiled.

“Mmm, me too.” Jake muttered.

“Well, I suppose I'll see you!” I tried to smile. Bonnie walked up to Jake and smiled.

“I'll miss you.” She said.

“You... You will?”

“Yeah, because you're my punch bag!” She sniggered.

“Oh, right.” Jake laughed. We hugged each other and waved goodbye. Jamie was headed for Johto, so all he had to do was cross the boarder. But Jake... Well, it was hard to tell where he was going.  It was short notice, but I suppose everybody had a path to go down. There went the Joker and the Fool - Every group has one.  I turned to Holly and Nelly. “So...”

“I'm staying with you!” Holly winked. “It's never been more fun!”

“Yeah! I'd never leave you after all that's happened!” Nelly smiled.

“Thanks guys!” I grinned. Bonnie nudged me with her elbow.

“Eh? Eh?”

“Shut up...”

“But... I should probably check in with Mum.” Nelly pointed out.

“No problem! Amber, let's go!” Holly smiled.

The air was tranquil, a light breeze sweeping up to meet us. Amber flew slowly under the sinking sun and allowed us to take in the views as we flew. We could finally put Team Rocket behind us now that their Boss was in prison. That said, he'd managed to break out before. And what of Valentina...? I pushed these thoughts away and smiled. It was all about being happy now. We'd all had enough sadness today. Amber closed in on Fuchsia City and dipped downwards.

“Mum! I'm back!” Nelly called as I closed the door behind us. Her Mother appeared from a doorway, smiling happily. “Snowflake!” She cried, wrapping her arms around her daughter. “So, has he kept you safe?” The woman asked, checking for bruises and scratches.

“Mum... He's kept me fine.” Nelly smiled.

“I can vouch for that.” Bonnie laughed.

“Hey... Watch it!” I frowned.

“Good! What brings you back home?”

“Well, Toby and Holly have finished the Pokemon League. What are we doing next...?” She turned to me.

“Oh, well... I want to stay in this region for a while. We need to search properly for our Mum.” I explained, patting Bonnie's shoulder.

“Finally!”

“Oh good! So you'll be keeping them company for a while longer?” Nelly's Mother asked.

“Yep!”

“Do you kids have a place to stay?”

“Oh, no... We came here without guardians.” I sighed.

“Well you're always welcome to sleep here! There's enough beds for all of you!”

“Really?” Nelly's eyes lit up. I took a step forward.

“Oh, thank you so much miss Ora-Yuki!” I smiled.

“Please, call me Alexis!”

“Sweet! We're like lodgers!” Bonnie remarked.

“Now, how about you kids go outside? I'll have dinner ready in an hour. It seems you lot need a rest after what I saw on TV!” Alexis sighed.

“Thanks again!” I bowed.

We were up on a hill. The same hill, in fact, that Nelly and I had slept on all those weeks ago. The sun was low and the sky was orange. Holly and Bonnie were sprawled out on the grass, staring upwards. I ran through the days events. How we'd beaten Skyra. How I'd cheated death. How Giovanni and James had been imprisoned. And how Mum's PokeBall had been opened. I was happy knowing that my wish had made people happy. It was all I ever wanted. I could tell that my friends were happy too. I wondered if my wish had affected them too? I thought of where to look next. But I supposed that really didn't matter now. I was just content with being alive.

"Good day, eh?" Bonnie said.

"Yeah, for the most part." Holly chuckled.

"You've got some ninja-like reflexes."

"Haha, thanks! I took personal training."

"Ah... Look at em'" Bonnie sighed as Nelly aproached me.

"Aw, that's kind of sweet. You really shouldn't make fun of it..."

"Meh, I don't care. I'm sure he doesn't mind it." My Sister yawned.

"Well, I wouldn't be so sure." Holly pointed out.

"Yeah, yeah."

"Still though, you think your Mum's out there?"

"Of course! She was a fighter. She's probably hiding at a super secret base or something."

"Wow, you're just like me!" Holly laughed. "And that's no bad thing!"

Nelly was stood by my side, staring out over the water. This had really been a long ride here in Kanto, but I knew things were just getting started. There were still so many places to see and people to meet. Nelly took a step closer and took my hand. “Ah...” She sighed.

“Huh?”

“Toby...?” Nelly asked. Sun rays bounced off of our bodies, casting shadows along the grass.

“Yes?”

“Well, thanks for today, and all of the times before.” She blushed.

“Ah, no problem! What kind of person would I be if I let you get hurt?” I winked. Nelly smiled and rested her head on my shoulder.

“I guess it really is true what they say.” She whispered.

“Oh?”

“Wishes do come true...”