Chapter 37 - Unlocking The Power Within

Skyra's very aura radiated power. He stood in the sun, soaking in all the cheers from around. A girl appeared behind him, a grin on her face. “Well, it seems that Skyra's brought along his battling partner!” Harvey exclaimed. The screams doubled. “Skyra, and Bethany Madgwick!” He announced.

“Awesome! Two versus two!” Holly smiled. The pair of them stopped in front of us and smiled.

“So, you two are the Trainers who think they can defeat me?” Skyra chuckled.

“Think? We know!” Holly grinned. He chuckled and gestured towards his partner.

“I hope you don't mind? I just thought this would be a little bit more even...”

“That's fine!” I forced a smile.

“Hi! Skyra said this would be a good match, and I can tell! You guys stormed the stage earlier!” Bethany spoke for the first time. We all smiled.

“Are you ready?” Harvey bellowed. Skyra and Bethany ran to the other end of the field and brought out a PokeBall each. All of the cameras were focused on us, our images projected onto the giant monitor. “Wob! Wobbuh! Ffet!” Fred yelled.

“Fred says Three two one go!” Harvey copied back.

“Raine!”

“Aria!”

“Amber!”

“Larvitar!”

Aria was an Altaria, and Raine was a Masquerain. “Oh yeah, I'd just like to point out, all of these Pokemon belong to Skyra. I'm just using them for this battle!” Bethany smiled. “Now, Aria, use Outrage on Dragonite!”

“Raine, use Aqua Jet on Larvitar!” Skyra smirked. Altaria lunged for Amber, limbs flailing menacingly. But Amber was fast, grabbing the Humming Pokemon by its wing and slamming it to the ground. Masquerain was slightly faster, however, crashing into Larvitar before he could act. My Pokemon was thrown backwards, caught by Amber. These Pokemon were clearly not to be underestimated. “Stone Edge!” I grimaced.

“Amber, use Hurricane!” Holly yelled. Larvitar leapt out of Amber's arms and summoned the power of the earth. Hundreds of stones rose from underneath the grass and Larvitar threw them to smash Masquerain to the ground. “Aria, use Outrage!” Bethany called.

“Raine, Hydro Pump!”

Altaria jumped from the earth and tackled Amber as she flapped her massive wings. She was knocked backwards as a massive whirl of wind swallowed Altaria and forced it backwards. Masquerain launched its move, and it would have hit had Amber not interfered. Her Hurricane engulfed the water and threw Masquerain into the sky. Larvitar bent down and clung onto the grass as Hurricane swept over him. Skyra's Pokemon were fighting the wind, pushing through with all of their power. “Larvitar!” I yelled over the roar of the wind. “Let go and use Stone Edge!”

Larvitar stared briefly as his legs dangled in the air. Then he understood. He grabbed a single lone stone from the ground and released his grip on the earth. As predicted, he was pulled in by the immense power of wind, and shot up into the sky. This was the perfect opportunity to gain power and speed for the strike. Larvitar made himself as streamlined as possible as he rocketed through the air. Altaria and Masquerain were in plain sight. He brought his arm up as he shot past them and smiled as the stone in his palm crashed into one of their chests. Aria plummeted to the ground, the wind adding to the pain. Larvitar smirked as he reached the top of the Hurricane and began to fall. The giant gust of wind died and he began to fall faster. “Aqua Jet!” Skyra yelled.

“Stone Edge!” I smirked. Masquerain shot higher into the sky, now free from Amber's clutches. At the same time, Larvitar screamed through the air in the opposite direction. He stabbed the stone down as Masquerain's water-covered body came near. Both of them were hit by each other, spiralling down to the ground. Raine recovered itself and managed to regain flight. Larvitar, however, continued to fall. “Amber!” Holly cried. Her Pokemon bounded forward, preparing to save Larvitar. Aria leapt from nowhere, slamming into Amber's stomach. She recoiled but managed to land a punch on the enemy. She then dived across the grass and managed to catch Larvitar. Had Altaria stalled her for just one more second, Amber would have missed. “Hydro Pump!” Skyra snapped.