Chapter 38 | Project The Game Has Ended

Roughly two more chapters left and an epilogue till the end of the book :)

"Honey, you look wonderful."

The girl staring at me was me but I felt and seemed oddly different. Makeup was present on my face more were applied on than I was used to. I had to thank my mom for that, it came out beautiful.

My normal chipped dried lips were glossy and painted a pink type of color. Enhancing my already pink lips. She managed to tame my wild hair into a bun with a few strands lingering by my ear.

There was glitter sprinkled on my hair and some on my face, it made me seems if I was glowing.

The dress I wore was a royal blue backless dress with a slit. There was a silver diamond belt across my waist.

I smiled. "Thanks, mom," I looked into my mother's eyes in the mirror – they were shinning with unleashed tears as she tried to keep them at bay.

She sniffled and asked, "When is Enzo picking you up?"

I turned around to face the mini clock in my room. "Any minute right now we better go wait downstairs."

A soft knock could be heard from downstairs. I quickly rushed down the stairs in my heels not caring if I cracked my head open. I needed to see him. I guess that's what love felt like not being able to go a day without speaking or seeing the person you loved.

"Alex, don't break your heel and wait in the lounge." I heard my mom say from behind me.

I slowed down and waited for my mom as she reached the last of the staircase. "Lounge now, he will get to meet you after I am done interrogating him."

"Mom, you have met him already," I wined.

"Lounge now,"

I grumpily slogged my way into the lounge and waited for the two to come.

"Hi Daisy," I could hear Lorenzo greeting. Always the gentlemen when present in front of my mom.

"You are ten seconds late." My eyes grew wide at what my mother had said.

"U-um, I am sorry?"

"You better be but I guess you did not come here to apologize for being late?"

"But I am sorry for being late by ten seconds late; however, I would like to see Alex."

There were more talks coming through from the front door. I was tempted to walk over and see what was keeping them long but the plan quickly went out my mind when I saw Lorenzo with his sleek black suit and a blue bow that matched the color of my dress.

He looked hot, his hair was still a mess as always but that was my Lorenzo.

He seemed in a daze as he stared at me. I knew if my mom wasn't present he would have been eye fucking me right then and now.

"You look beautiful, babe," he came over and placed a kiss on my cheeks.

My cheeks turned scarlet. "Thank you and you don't look too be bad,"

Lorenzo chuckled. "A compliment would not kill you and babe I always look good."

"You two are the cutest but you have to go."

A smile lingered on my face as we stepped out the door and made our ways towards Lorenzo's car.

"Wait!" I mentally rolled my eyes at my mother, I had a feeling she did not want me to leave.

"What time will you bring my baby?" She raised a brow, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Mom." I groaned when she called me 'baby' this made Lorenzo laugh.