Chapter 36 | Project Lazy, Unbothered, Teenagers

We arrived on early Monday morning but as the lazy teenagers we were, we all determined that we were unbothered to attend school even when exams were approaching fast and we needed all the time that school offered, but as I said- lazy unbothered teenagers kids.

All we had done the previous day (Monday) was lazed around the twins' house and eaten like our lives depended on it, however, I was never one to turn down food epically junk food.

"Alex!" My thoughts came to an abrupt stop as Sophia clicked her fingers across my face.

Damn, I was beginning to blank out a lot lately.

I shut my locker after I had taken out the first three books that will be needed for the rest of the classes before lunch.

"So are you coming?"

A frown appeared across my eyebrows – where exactly was I going?

However, I nodded my head in agreement.

"That's great! So you are okay going solo because I am going with Jordan...he asked me to go with him so that his brother and Lorenzo won't find anything suspicious if he came with me," she tapped her finger on her chin as a thought flooded into her brain. "Maybe you should go with Lorenzo,"

I snorted and raised a brow. "Do you really think he would want to go with me? I don't think so; he isn't my boyfriend or anything,"

I think I am falling for you.

Now, it was her turn to arch a brow and tightened her arm around her chest. "Are you being serious? Do you take me for an idiot?"

"Well..."

Sophia lightly slapped my upper arm. "It was a rhetorical question but in all seriousness, do you maybe feel something for him?"

I knew the answer to that...I did but was I stupid enough to fall for him, I already was and he...he might actually like me but there was that constant reminder that all he wanted was my virginity and was I going to give in?

"It is a simple yes or no question – do you love Lorenzo?"

Love...love was a strong word. I mean when you say I love food or I love Drake there was a difference to saying I love...a guy or girl, there was more emotion placed into the word love in the content when expressing your love for another.

But when will I know that the feeling I felt towards Lorenzo was love? What if I was in love with the thought of being in love with him?

I felt the electricity rushing through me whenever he would touch me, smile or even just a simple glance in my directions was enough to send me over the edge of cloud nine. Feelings I hadn't felt before but now they were coming and there was no way I could stop them and I didn't want to.

'He can be very manipulative when he wants something'

He wasn't manipulating my feelings, no one could manipulate the way I felt for him. Sure the circumstance we were placed into was what made me fall for him, I knew some would judge me for falling for him, a guy who was meant to claim my virginity for a game but was willing to give it to him? Expose myself to the world to see?

The answers were no. if he truly claimed he was falling for me, he had to show me, prove to me that he truly did have feelings for me by forfeiting the game, however, there were so many loopholes that I needed to solve before I could truly give my heart to him. After all, people who fell in love were more likely to fall and shatter and he wouldn't be there to pick up the pieces he left.

"I can hear the gears shifting inside your head and it is okay if you are not sure about what you feel,"

I stared off into the distance, blinked a couple of times. "No," I shook my head slightly. "I know what I feel an-"