Chapter 19 | Project He Is Just Playing You

This chapter is dedicated to MaryamHazem2003

Don't forget to vote and comment 👀❤

It felt like hours as I waited for Xavier. The school had closed around forty minutes ago and still no sign of Xavier. I sat alone in a booth, staring at the menu for the past twenty minutes,

I looked up from the menu when I heard the chime making a noise, indicating that someone had arrived into the coffee shop. I narrowed my eyes when I saw Xavier stumble into the coffee shop, whilst holding his neck back as he cupped his nose in his right hand.

I sprinted to his side when I saw the amount of blood gushing out of his nose.

"Oh my god, what happened?!" I yelled as I reached over for a white napkin on the wooden table and placed it under his nose.

His hair was all over the place, his knuckle seemed bruised and his clothes had wrinkles all over it.

I stretched my hands out as I tried to help him with his school bag that kept on slipping off his shoulder. He shrugged my hands off his shoulder and walked over to the booth.

He looked over his shoulder, towards the main door of the coffee shop as if he expected someone to walk through the doors.

"So..." I hesitated for a moment, trying to choose my words carefully. "Why were you late?"

He snapped his head over to look at me; a grin began to form at the corner of his lips. "I ran into a bit of trouble."

"More like you ran through a gang" I muttered.

He chuckled, but winced when blood kept escaping his nose like the Nigeria waterfalls. I reached over to replace his now red napkin with a white one. "Don't you think you should check that out?" I suggested. He was losing a lot of blood.

I was no doctor but the amount of blood he was loosing, couldn't be okay.

He shook his head. "It is not as bad as it seems, I can barely feel the pain."

I cast a skeptical eye. "Whatever you say..."

He ran his hand through his hair and licked the corner of his lips where a spot of blood was. If he looked like this I wondered what the other person looked like. I bet whoever he fought with had the upper hand.

"Are you just going to stare at me?"

I blinked my eyes and a blush seared through my cheeks and for a minute I thought my face was on fire. I felt awkward and demure even going as far as attempting to hide my rosy features behind my slim fingers.

"I wasn't staring at you; I was um, admiring your face."

"My face?" He asked amused at my reply.

"Yes, I have never seen anything quite as ugly as your face."

He threw his head back and began to have a full out laugh at my remark. "Oh wow, so you think this," he pointed to his face. "Is ugly?"

I nodded my head in agreement. "The ugliest thing I have ever seen on a human and that's saying a lot because I have seen some pretty nasty things."

"Well, you are the most beautiful person I have seen."

It was hard not to blush and my fingers were not able to conceal my burning cheeks.

I didn't have to see that I was blushing, I could feel it, my cheeks were burning, like they were on fire. I bet I could cook a three course meal on my cheeks with how hot they felt.