Chpater 37| Project Girls Are So complicating

Hit the vote button :)

Chapter 37 | Project Girls Are So Complicating

I tugged on the long sleeve shirt that I had worn even though it was practically burning outside but I had to if I wanted to conceal the bright red scars that lined my wrist.

I involuntary ran a finger across my wrist this in result made me winced when my nails dug into an open wound.

"Alex."

My head shot up as I saw my mom standing in front of the entrance of our home.

I lifted my bag higher on my shoulders as I tried walking around her and out the door. "Not now mom, I got to go,"

"Alex, please listen to me," I didn't get too far when she grabbed hold of my arm, she stared into my hazel eyes, her eyes pleading me to listen, hear what she had to say.

I didn't deserve her.

"Mom, it's okay, you really don't have to explain yourself," I gave her a small smile. "If there is anyone who has to say anything it's me. I am truly sorry, mom. There is no excuse that I can say that can explain what I had said and done yesterday,"

Tears swam her eyes as she let go of my arm. "I haven't written it in years; I got it after three months of your father's death and wrote in in it for three mo-"

I cut her off, "mom, you don't have to explain yourself. You had every reason to feel the way you did, I don't blame you. I hope you can forgive me,"

She rushed into my arms and squeezed the living daylights out of me and this time I didn't mind the tightness of her arms around my upper body. I welcomed it. There was no hug better than a mother's hug.

"I love you, I love you so much. And of course I forgive you, you are my child and I could never be mad at you,"

I chuckled when she continued to squeeze me and wouldn't let me go even when minutes passed away. "Mom, as much as I would love to continue hugging you, I have to go to school and you need to work,"

She sheepishly rubbed her neck. "I called in sick,"

I moved away and held her at arm's length. "You don't look sick,"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I needed to speak to you and maybe when you get back from school we can have a feast, how does that sound?"

I gave her a genuine smile. "I really can't wait, mom, bye and I love you," I rushed through the door and ran down the street to where Lorenzo sat in his car.

I quickly fixed my hair, blew a breath into my hands and was satisfied that it still smelt fresh wouldn't want Lorenzo smelling fish breath.

Lorenzo smugly walked out from his car, his head buried deep in his pocket and held the passenger seat open. "Come in, princess,"

I snorted and curiously glanced at him, he was acting differently. "Princess?"

He cocked his head to the side. "Would you like me calling you stupid?"

"No, I am just saying, it sounds weird,"

"Fuck," he muttered softly. "Girls are so complicated,"

I patted his head. ""I'm sure it seems that way to simple people,"

"You and your smart-ass remarks. Just get in, stupid, before I slam the door and make you open it by yourself, how does that sound?"

"Well, I do have a hand which co-"I stopped when I saw the flat look he gave me.