Welcome to Gotham. (Request)

Start from the beginning

Finally being unable to stomach looking at anymore of these sketches, I turned on the television to see a news segment about the explosion at the train station.

"Police have given the statement that the explosion originated from a bomb that was set by a timer. Police also believe this is the work of the infamous criminal The Riddler..." The Newswoman explained as a picture of Edward in a green suit flashed across the screen.

"...Those with any information on The Riddler that could lead to his possible arrest are urged to call this number." She continued.

The phone rang as more images of the damaged station began to be presented. I turned off the television and picked the telephone.

"Hello?" I asked hesitantly since I haven't given anyone the number to my landline yet.

"Have you watched the news yet?" An all too familiar voice asked.

"Y-Yes I have. What do you want?" I asked hoping to end this conversation as quickly as possible. Not questioning how he got my phone number, only focusing on the fact that he has my phone number.

"I believe you have something of mine. I'd like to have it back as soon as possible." He stated.

"So you can hurt more people?" I asked surprised by my sudden burst of courage.

".....I can always recreate those sketches from memory, it would just take more time. I could always kill you and take the notebook, but like I said earlier I'd feel terrible to see a beautiful woman like you get hurt." He explained.

I sighed knowing I couldn't fight him. "What do you want to do?"

"Meet me at the café on the street corner of your apartment building tomorrow morning around eleven. I already know where you live so don't try to run." He warned the sound of the line disconnecting after he finished speaking.

I placed the phone down and sat back on the couch.

What have I gotten myself into?

*The next morning*

After barely getting any sleep I got showered and dressed so I could leave ten minutes before I had to meet Edward.

I locked the door to my apartment and walked out the door of the apartment building with the green notebook in my purse.

As I walked closer to the café I felt my heart beat louder and louder out of fear. Fear and something I can't quite describe.

I sat down in a booth becoming more uneasy as time passed.

"Glad to see you made it." A voice commented.

I turned so my e/c eyes met his dark brown ones. Edward wore a black suit and held a green notebook in his hand.

"May I?" He asked gesturing to the empty booth in front of me.

I nodded my head, not wanting to find out what would've happened had I refused.

As he took a seat in front of me he opened to the first page of the green notebook he held in his hand, only to reveal the page was filled with my sketches.

"It appears we must've accidentally taken each other's notebooks by mistake." He stated.

"How cliche." I stated sliding his notebook to him and taking my notebook back.

"You know, you are actually very talented Miss F/n. It would be a shame to see someone with such potential just disappear." He remarked.

"I gave you your notebook back. I won't tell anyone about this. Just don't hurt me." I asked slightly scared by how calm and collected he was after making a death threat.

He chuckled as he stood up from the booth until he was standing right in front of me. "I have no intention of hurting you. In fact..." He began as he leaned closer until he kissed my cheek."...I know some people who would be interested in purchasing your art, all I ask is you let me show you around town."

I tried to form a coherent sentence, but all I could do was nod as my face became flushed with red.

"Perfect. I'll be seeing you soon Miss L/n. Welcome to Gotham." He smiled turning and leaving the busy café.

Exploding train stations, threats over the phone, and the beginning of an odd romance.

Just an average day in Gotham.