Street Fighter Pt. 1 (Ed x Reader x Oswald)

Hell.

That's the only thing I could describe this torture as.

Fighting other people for the entertainment of the rich and lacking of a conscience. I've already lost three friends to this cruel sport.

Tonight would be different however a special guest would grace us with their presence. Like I care, Mayor James came here one time and puked on the sidelines from how bloody it got.

As I sat in my 'backstage room' chained to a railing waiting to be dragged to the makeshift arena. I looked down at the clothes they chose for my "costume" tonight. A plain tank tee that has fake claw marks on the side, a leather jacket, ripped black jeans and combat boots. I was given a single knife as per regulation. My lips were painted a dark red, smoky black eyeshadow and a skull choker necklace around my neck. My hair was in a simple ponytail.

The reason we're so done up is to attract potential owners or as a second source of income: sex partners. I always made sure I won so I wouldn't have that happen to me.

I suddenly heard the door open to reveal my current owner Jack. He was one sick bastard, well at least to the other girls. He hadn't laid a hand on me since I'm his best. Twenty matches and twenty wins. That's how many times I've had to fight usually to the death against another person.

"Alright Sweetie here's what gonna happen, you're going to go out there and put on a good show because we have a special audience with the new mayor Cobblepot. I want you to show off your best moves I don't care if it gets bloody just make it exciting. Got it Sweets?" He asked not even caring about the fact that I could die.

"Got it Boss." I said bitterly.

He smiled a sickening grin. "Good. If you do well, I'll make sure you sleep in a hotel room on a bed. How's that sound?"

"Very nice Boss. I won't let you down." I replied saying only what he wanted to hear.

"That's what I want to hear, because if you don't win I have many gentlemen who'd love to spend an evening with you. I'm a caring person so I worry about some of these guys because I don't think they'll treat you like a lady. Then again I like money so I don't give a damn if I'm getting profit from you failure or success." He shrugged.

"Got it Boss." I replied.

He uncuffed me and dragged me out onto the arena floor where the crowd began to cheer. Cheer since the bloodbath would soon begin.

In front of me stood another girl. She wore a torn brown bodysuit. She had cuts around her wrists that partially healed and bruises around her neck. Her owner probably had her with a person who wanted her for more than he could pay. By the looks of it she fought back.

"Ladies take your places." The man in the grey suit commanded.

I took my stiletto out of its sheath and raised it so my arm holding the knife was near my face. The woman took out a Bowie knife. Her knife was bigger and bulkier, but mine was faster.

"Tonight ladies and gentlemen, we have a special treat in store. First I'd like to thank our beloved new mayor and his deputy mayor Oswald Cobblepot and Edward Nygma. Thank you both for accepting my invitation, it means a great deal to us to have you here." He thanked gesturing to the two men in the front.

"Without further adieu, let the fight begin!" The man stated as a gong was hit.

The woman charged me which I avoided by taking a step to my right and giving her a slight kick to the back causing her to lose her balance and falling face first on the concrete. She made no attempt to get back up and fight. As if she seemingly gave up.

I wasted no time and stabbed her in the shoulder deeply, I then twisted the blade slowly to worsen the wound which made her scream. I retracted the knife and got to my feet again in a defensive position to wait for her to retaliate.

As the crowd began yelling for her to get up and fight, she sloppily attempted to get up only to have her wounded arm give out. It was pitiful hearing her cries of pain.

I walked over to her and leaned my head in so she could only hear my whisper. "Rest now. You've felt enough pain."

With that I slid my knife across her throat blinking away a few droplets of blood that sprayed near my face. Her eyes quickly draining of the very dim light they once had. And with that she was dead.

I stood up and raised my blood soaked knife causing the crowd to roar in a frenzy of cheers. That was always the symbol of a victory in the matches.

"Looks like the Lethal Lady has once again continued her reign as our champion!" The announcer called out.

I wiped the blood off my knife not wanting the blade to be stained. When I looked up I saw a man in a ski mask stealthily sneaking up behind the man in the green suit. I threw my knife at the assassin and it stabbed him in the eye killing him.

Cries of terror were heard throughout the audience as two guards came over and shocked me with a taser. In a moment I felt my world go dark and a wave of calmness surround me.

*An hour later*

I opened my eyes to find that I was in a luxurious bed. Jack must've gotten me a hotel room like he promised.

"Oh you're awake!" An unfamiliar voice stated.

I immediately got out of the bed and got into a defensive stance. "Who are you? What do you want?" I demanded.

The effects of the taser suddenly overtook me as I felt my muscles give out from pure exhaustion causing me to nearly fall to the ground if arms hadn't wrapped around me catching me.

"It's alright Miss. I won't hurt you." The deep voice reassured. It was a man's voice.

I turned in the direction I heard the voice to be met with dark brown eyes. It was the man who was almost killed at the fight. "Thank you." I said barely able to keep my tired eyes open.

"Shh..Rest. You need to recover from being shocked with sixty thousand bolts of electricity. Sleep now, I'll be here when you wake up." The voice said as he carried me and gently placed me in the bed.

"Can you at least tell me your name?" I asked.

"My name is Edward Nygma." The man smiled.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Nygma, my name is Y/n..." I whispered finally allowing sleep to take hold on me.

End of Part One.

A/n: I'm sorry if that was crummy. Certainly not one of my best, but it'll get better I promise.