Welcome to Gotham. (Request)

A/n: I hope this is what you wanted when you requested, I apologize if Edward seems a little out of character.

Go to Gotham they said. It'll be fun they said.

I grumbled this mantra as I got off the train with my luggage.

Coming from Lynchburg, Virginia to Gotham City is a big step for a twenty year old.

Then again how can I turn down an opportunity to study at Gotham University for the Arts, free of charge?

And so, taking a deep breath I bid my farewells to my loved ones and packed my  things to leave on the next available train.

My thoughts were then abruptly halted when I bumped into someone causing us both to drop what we had in our hands.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized immediately.

"No it's my fault entirely." The person replied handing me my green notebook.

As I looked up from the hand that held my  book full of sketches, I was met with the most brown eyes I've ever seen.

"Are you hurt?" The man asked.

"Just a bruised tail bone. Nothing major." I joke.

"I'm glad, I'd feel terrible if I hurt a beautiful woman like you. I'm Edward, Edward Nygma." He introduced.

"F/n l/n. It's nice to meet you Edward." I smiled.

"Hey, do you mind if we get out of here and get a cup of coffee?" He asked.

"How do you know I'm not going on a train?" I asked blushing slightly from the compliment.

He took my bag and guided me with his open hand. "I-I just think it's best if we leave. Very soon."

Feeling the sense of urgency radiating from him, I nodded my head as he lead me out of the station.

We stopped at a nearby coffee shop until he leaned very close to me after checking his watch. "You may want to cover your ears."

As soon as he said that there was a loud explosion that shook the very ground we stood on. We both turned to see the main entrance engulfed in a cloud of smoke. I took a step forward to get a better look at the damage.

"I think we should check to see if anyone needs medical help before the paramedics arrive. I'm certified in basic first aid and have a first aid kit in my suitcase. What do you think Edward?" I asked turning around only to find my suitcase on the ground with my green notebook on top.

I looked around to see if he was nearby, but I had no luck in seeing him. I shook my head grabbing my things and walking as quickly as I could to the station, so I could help in anyway I could.

*A few hours later*

After giving aid to anyone with minor injuries and giving my statement of what I saw happen to the police, I finally made my way to my new apartment building. My landlord mailed the keys to the apartment ahead of time so I could just walk into the already furnished apartment.

As I shut the apartment door behind me, the events of the day began affecting me making me feel so tired, that I fell on the couch face first. As I rolled over I picked up my notebook and opened it to find what looked like question marks filling the first few pages along with maybe half a dozen riddles. As I flipped the pages there were schematics to multiple devices including what looked like timer based or remote controlled explosives. As I continued looking at the spine chillingly precise designs, I questioned who the man I met today actually was.