How You Met James Gordon

Today was your first day as a police officer of the GCPD. Excited? Yes. Nervous? Yes. Fear of making a bad impression that could ruin your career as a police officer? You bet.

You took a deep breath and pushed through the heavy doors and entered the precinct. You did some research before your first day about this police station, but no where in the archives did they mention how chaotic this place  was at the moment. Officers were trying to book criminals who yelled denial to their crimes, and when the criminals cries fell on deaf ears they threw temper tantrums like children.

"First day?" A voice asked.

You turn to your left to see a man with blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes smiling at you.

"Y-Yeah. Is it always this chaotic?" You asked him.

"You'll get use to it. The names James Gordon I'm a detective." He said holding out his hand for you to shake.

"Officer Y/n L/n. I'm suppose to be partners with...." Your mind finally registered the young detectives name. "..You, detective."

"Great follow me and I'll introduce you to your other partner Harvey Bullock." He said walking over to a man who wore a fedora, had a greying beard and looked as if he had seen somethings in the line of duty.

"Harvey, we have a new partner." James called.

"Well hello there. James you sure she is an officer? She's too pretty to be a cop." He said flirtatiously.

"Mr Bullock I'll have you know I graduated top of my class. By the way my eyes are up here." I said pointing to my eyes.

"Well I just got lost looking at you." He flirted.

"Next time you get lost I'll help guide your eyes to my fist." I threatened.

I saw Jim trying very hard not to laugh at the interaction.

"Whatever, look if you need me I'll be talking to to the Captain." Bullock scoffed walking away.

As James and I stood there I only them noticed he had the most beautiful blue eyes.

"So you were top of your class?" He asked grabbing my attention.

"Y-Yeah I've wanted to be a since high school." I said suddenly becoming uncomfortable.

"Why high school?" He asked curiously.

"My sister...was gunned down in a mugging gone bad by a petty criminal. I promised I would help put bastards like him away, so when I graduated high school I went to the academy." I said my attention focused on the ground.

"I'm sorry about your sister Y/n. I bet she was great woman." He said sympathetically.

"She was.." I mumbled.

"Hey Y/n the Captain wants to talk to you." Harvey said oblivious to the depressing mood that hung in the air.

I nodded and walked over to the Captain's office.

"Hey Y/n!" James shouted.

I looked over my shoulder to look at him.

"I hope to get to know you better!" He said smiling.

I smiled and looked at back at the door and mumbled softly.

"I hope I get to know you better too."

A/n: I know it's short and crappy. I just have a hard time writing for Jim because he has a normal personality. I'll be writing some with him but not as many as the other characters. Thanks for reading!