Locked

Reason after reason, my anger and annoyance kept building up. He was never home and if by some miracle he was he'd yell at me. I would yell back then he would just leave. Or he was drunk and I avoided that at all cost. Night after night, we'd fight. I didn't get why Jay pushed me away from the business. It was how we met and it was what I wanted to do. I enjoyed robbing banks with him, he was always so happy. It felt like he was happiest when he was causing mischief. Or when he was having a meeting at the club and he would kill the man, his laugh was always louder. He enjoyed doing these things and I just wanted to do them with him. He was always happiest when he did and as his girl, why wouldn't I want to enjoy that with him?

Once we got together, Jay stopped giving me jobs. He would always give me the easier ones at first, like following someone and reporting it to him. Or tracking someone down, and telling Frost. I got jobs which no longer involved me doing anything. They were unimportant. Every time I'd ask Jay about it, he'd just say "there's nothing to do". As if he didn't have anything planned ever.

When I asked Frost why he just shrugged. Frost was my friend or the closest thing to one. He and I worked together before Jay and I became a thing. Since then, he had backed away. I understand, Jay didn't like me talking to other men. Frost was afraid, who wouldn't be? I just really needed someone to talk to. Frost was the only other person besides Jay I could talk to. But now, neither were an option.

Fortunately, I found out that there was a heist today. I was preparing for it as Jay walked into the room. He stood in the doorway watching me. I could feel his eyes follow my every move and if I didn't think this would start an argument I'd probably tease him.

"Where do you think you're going?" I rolled my eyes, he couldn't see me since I was facing away but I'm sure he knew.

"Nice to see you too, Mister J." I spat as I found the clothes I needed to wear. I started putting on the outfit he got me when we went on jobs. It had been too long since I put it on. "Close the door." He slammed it closed which caused me to jump.

"Why are you putting that on? You aren't going on a job." I faced him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I am. I'm going on the heist today." I grabbed my pistol and tucked it in my thigh holster. He came closer to me, running his hand through his hair.

"You aren't going. Take that off right now." We stared at each other, scowls on our faces.

"Don't tell me what to do." Jay's eyes widened in surprise but it was soon replaced by a dark look in his eyes. I took a step back. I never really back talked Jay, so I didn't know what his reaction would be. I had it with him ignoring me. I was his girl but worked for him first. He should be able to share that part of his life with me.

"You don't get to talk to me like that. Apologize to daddy, or I'll have to punish you when I get back." I scoffed.

"When we get back. And I'm not going to apologize. If you won't let me go on this heist, I swear I will walk out that door and never come back." I tapped my foot waiting for his response. "You know you'll never see me again. I was taught well."

He growled and had I not been angry with him I would have been weak in the knees with the noise and look he gave me. "You know better than to threaten me. Daddy will forgive ya if you beg."

"You know better than to ignore me, but look what happened. I ain't apologizing. Let's go. We're gonna be late." I walked passed him only for him to grab my arm and pull me to him.

"You're staying. Take that shit off." I yanked my arm from him.

"No, I'm going." I walked out the house waiting for him with Frost.