TVD an SS

You should have known that he was trouble from the beginning, but your arrogance once again got in the way. You had seen it all in Gotham being the Jokers daughter with crazy plant ladies, flying rats, human scarecrows and penguins, you figured a vampire wasn't that big of a deal. You thought if anything nothing was scarier than the clown king of gotham and if anything you couldn't handle happened you'd go to him.

"God was I wrong" you said to your reflection in the mirror in a faint whisper.

It felt like it had been a day since you met Damon and at the same time twenty years felt like he had passed. He worked his vicious charm and you fell for it. Not even realizing how calculating he was being with it. He played the role of the romantic to trap you like a fly in a fly in a spiderweb. Everything wrong happened so slowly you didn't realize it was abuse at first. He just seemed to be acting like normal Damon, which in hindsight he was .

The longer you stayed the harder it was to get out. You wanted to give him chance after chance hoping. You had heard good and bad about him and even saw some of it with Elena, he grew to be good sometimes. Sometimes.... the word echoed in your head. Why is it that when people are bad to us, once they show a little bit of kindness we fall for them?

Your phone lit up on the bathroom counter, her name shined and gave you the only warmth in the whole house but it was quickly followed by more guilt. Another thing you messed up you thought, you broke up with your girlfriend to be with Damon. Wanting to leave behind a good, safe girl who treated you right for some danger. You wanted to answer your former lovers text admitting that she was right about Damon gave you too much anxiety.

You studied the bruise on your arm in the mirror, it was clearly up after a few days but the blotchy yellow and blue marks still sat on your skin. You should have left right after it happened, but again you made excuses for him. Told yourself that he didn't mean to grab you that hard or it was just the wrong angle. Then your eyes moved up your reflection to the black mark under your eye which could not be ignored or talked out of.

You wanted to scream so loud you shattered the glass in front of you but it felt as though sometime had their hand wrapped around your lungs squeezing every time you tried to make a noise. You picked up your makeup bag as gently and quietly as possible and took our your cover up. You seethed as you patted the brush against the bruise to cover it up. There was no going back now. You tried to resist the tears as you thought about the shame weighing down on you.

You are the clown princess of gotham, you didn't want to admit that you let this go on for so long. You were ashamed and your pride was bruised more than your body. Once your face was all the same color again you pulled out a long sleeve shirt to cover your arm and zipped up your bags. Peaking out the door, you saw Damon still asleep and made a break for the door before he woke up.

The Joker sat on his bed not taking his eyes off his phone, waiting for any word from you at all. You were usually back by this time and he was starting to become neurotic. Joker didn't believe in things like fate, but in this moment he wished he had followed his gut and stopped you from going out. He didn't like Damon and everyone knew it. Except this time it wasn't his usually jealousy over your significant others, it was a horrible feeling in his core that something wasn't right.

Joker leaned his head back thinking about his daughter and closed his eyes to soothe his headache. When he felt the vibration on his bed however he flung his whole body up to check his phone. It wasn't his daughter but her ex. Joker growled hating that his daughters ex girlfriend has his number. He was always relieved to get rid of the ex's and have his baby back to himself. His phone continued to vibrate in his hand getting three messages from her. He was ready to delete them until the last one caught his eye.