Saved

(not mine!!)

Your POV

The rain was just starting to fall making the dirty streets shine in the moonlight; you were sitting in the alley behind The Smoking Gun while your father was inside drinking himself into stupor. He always dragged you along when he went out so he could "keep an eye on you" but really it was so he had someone to drag him home at the end of the night. You go to look at your watch when you see a door a little ways down open filling the alley with music from the club inside, and three people walk out. "come on puddin', why do we have to go home? The night is still young!" Says the woman as the group walks past you towards the street where a flashy purple car is parked. The other two men ignore her and continue to walk. The small sound of metal on concrete grabs your attention and you see that the woman had lost one of her rings. Without thinking you pick it up and start running towards the group to return it, but before you reach the woman one of the men turn around, grab you, and press the barrel of his gun to your head. "what do you think you're doing, huh?" you can feel the harsh hair of his beard on your cheek. "...I....you....you dropped this miss" your voice shakes as you unsteadily hold out the ring. "Oh Frost let her go, she's just trying to be a good Samaritan" the man's grip on you is released and you try to regain your composure as the woman walks towards you to collect the ring. You finally get a good look at her, and whatever little composure you had managed to muster up melts away as you are face to face with the infamous Harley Quinn. She grabs the ring and places it back on her pale finger "thanks sweetheart" she says smiling at you. But no matter how much you try you can't get any words out, you just stare at her and Joker, frozen in fear. "oh geez don't be scared kid, we won't bite" she tries to reassure you but it does little good. Then you hear you father drunkenly yell out your name from the back door of the bar. "Y/N! Get your ass over here, you worthless piece of garbage" This snaps you out of your trance and you turn to run to him when Harley grabs your arm, "hey is this guy bothering you?" ".....uh...no, it's my dad...I should go, I have to get him home"

Harley's POV

As she turns to run towards that drunken fool you notice the angry bruise covering her left eye. "come on Harley, let's go home" Joker says as he opens the passenger side door for you. You get in, but can't take your eyes off the girl and her father, as she's struggling to walk him down the street. Joker gets in the car and as you start to drive away you flash your sappiest puppy dog eyes at him and say "hey puddin' don't you think it's about time we start a family?" "WHOA, where is this coming from? We're busy enough as it is, I'm not letting a baby get in the way of my plans" he says. "Who said anything about a baby hun, what about that girl from tonight" "oh no, we're not collecting strays" he says "but puddin' you saw her face and you know that drunk must knock her around, she needs us. Just think we can raise her as our own, and she's old enough to take care of herself while we're gone. Come on, do it for me." you say trying to sound as persuasive as possible. Joker sighs and shakes his head "you know I can't say no to you" he says, flashing his metal capped teeth at you as he digs his phone out of his jacket pocket "hey Frost, go tail that girl who returned the ring, find out where she lives"

Your POV

You finally drag your father up the last few steps and into the apartment. "I know how to walk" he says as he pushes you down to the ground and stumbles to the couch. He collapses into the cushions and begins to snore as you pick yourself up and go to your room. Even though it's only a cheap mattress on the floor, after the night you've had it might as well be a tempurpedic. You pull the thin, moth eaten blanket over you and quickly drift into sleep. The next day is like any other, you wake up and make your sure your dad didn't choke on his own vomit during the night, unfortunately he is fine and still sleeping soundly. You made breakfast and tried to wake him up but it was no use. You eat and go back up to your room to read and hours later you hear glass breaking in the kitchen. You hear your father's footsteps getting closer to your door and you brace yourself for what you know will happen next. The door flings open and you father yells "you were supposed to wake me up! I missed a whole day of work thanks to you" his hand connects hard with your face and you fall to the ground. Tears sting your eyes as the toe of his boot connects with you ribs. "I tried to wake you up! I swear" you cough up between pained breaths. He lifts you by your arms and slams you into the wall pinning you there, face to face he looks into your eyes, but you see none of the love that a father should have for his only daughter, only contempt. "you'll pay for this" he says coldly as he releases you and your feet drop back to the ground. He walks out of your room and you scramble to gather your things and get out before he come back, but you're too slow and just as you reach to doorway you see him coming down the hall with a chunky leather belt in hand. You make a run for the front door but he catches you and the belt makes contact with your back causing you to scream out in pain. The belt comes down again and again and after a while your shirt is in tatters, ripped apart from the sharp blows of the belt revealing scars old and new.

Finally, after what seemed like hours your father drops the belt and leaves you a bloody crumpled mess on the floor barely conscious. You try to get up, but you can't, you can hardly keep your eyes open when you hear a knock at the door. "Who is it?" you hear your father call out but there is no response then moments later you hear the door being forced open and your father gasps ".....What are you doing here....get...get out of my house" his voice is shaky and dripping with fear. "oh don't worry pal" a strange voice says "we're just here for the girl" he growls. "yeah where is she?" a familiar female voice says. Again you try to get up, but wince at the pain coming from your probably broken ribs. Harley's heels click on the tile as she comes to your room and rushes to your side "aw crap, I knew we should have come sooner. Are you okay sweetheart, don't worry Harley's here, I got ya Y/N" she tries to help you up but no matter where she grabs you're met with a searing pain. "little help in here boys" she calls out, and Joker comes into the room "ooo that looks like it hurts, he really did a number on her huh?" he kneels down next to you and you can't help but feel afraid, but his hands are gentle and he scoops you up in his strong arms. He carries you to the living room where your father is on his knees in front of Frost with a familiar pistol pointed at his face. "wait till we're in the car and then take care of this piece of shit" Harley orders "wait" you murmur "do it now" you say, Joker smiles down at you "you heard the lady" he says and Frost pulls the trigger and your father's brains paint the wall behind him. You feel a rush of calm wash over you and a smile cracks across your face, he's finally gone you think, he can't hurt you anymore. Then you feel sick, you start to gag and turn your head as to not blow chunks all over Joker's fancy suit. Harley giggles and wipes your mouth with a towel from the kitchen "don't worry doll face, happens to the best of us, now come on lets go home" you can't believe your ears but you're too tired to ask questions.

Joker's POV

You try your best to drive carefully so you don't wake Y/N. Looking through the rear-view mirror you see Harley gently stroking Y/N's hair as she sleeps in her lap. You can't stop thinking about the way she smiled when Frost pulled the trigger, maybe this girl will fit into his and Harley's life. You had never really thought of having a family, but looking back at them in the back seat you can't help but smile at your girls.

Your POV

"Wake up hun, we're here" you hear Harley say, you open your eyes and try to ignore the pain as you slowly get out of the car, with help from Joker. "you think you can make it on your own?" he asks "yeah, I think so." Still Joker keeps his arm around your side just to make sure you stay upright. The three of you make your way up to the front door and you get your first glimpse of the Clown Prince of Crime's house. It was a modern style mansion on the bank of the Gotham River, across which you can see the illuminated skyline of Gotham against the inky black sky. Joker pulls a set of keys from his pocket and unlocks the front door and leads you inside, with Harley close behind. "I'll get the first aid kit, why don't you put her in the guest bedroom puddin" Harley says as she disappears down the hall. Joker leads you the other way towards a flight of stairs, you're already exhausted from the trip in from the car, you don't know if you will be able to make it up all those steps. As you begin to climb with the Joker close behind, you start to feel light headed but you keep going. Halfway up your vision begins to blur and you feel your legs go out from under you. You expect to hit the hard steps, but instead you feel the strong arms of The Joker wrap around you. Next thing you know you are lying down on a plush mattress with Harley sitting next to you fiddling with bottles and bandages. "Don't worry Y/N I'll get you all fixed up" She draws a clear liquid into a syringe and gently ties a tourniquet around your arm and feels for a vein. "What's that?" you ask nervously "It's just a little something for the pain sweet heart"

*
*
*
*
*
hope y'all are liking. Peace, Love, and a Bucket of Blood.

love,

alyray04