"Hey, it's not your fault princess. I'm actually so proud of you, you can't imagine how much. You were perfect. Ale would be proud too even if he would be freaking out at the same time." I see her smile and give me a small giggle.

"Thanks. You know? I like it when you call me princess...my mom used to call me that." I see her distant gaze as she seems to lose herself in her memories.

"Really? That's sweet." She nods.

"Yeah." She looks at me.

"Thank you for checking up on me and for getting me off the floor." She blushes a little. I've noticed that every now and then she seems to feel comfortable and a little bit of her old self shines through. I know the tough exterior is just an act and I enjoy the few moments when she lets herself relax.

"No problem. Look, I have to go take care of some things right now but you should stay here and rest a while. I want you to relax. We're leaving after tomorrow and there isn't much left to do and we'll take care of it for you. Ok?" I see her nod.

"Okay but I think I'll go check on Emily. I haven't been able to hang out with her."

"That's a great idea, how about I walk with you to get room and then I'll leave to take care of things."

"Ok." She smiles and gets up. She puts on her boots and we walk out.

"So I guess the doctor said it's fine for Marcos to fly?" She asks

"Yes. I asked him myself and he said that it would be preferred if we waited a little more but that he has recovered quickly and seems to be doing well. He said to just make sure Marcos gets a lot of rest and that he continues to tend to his wound."

"Ok."

"Well, here we are. I'll see you later." She smiles at me.

"See you later, Nico."

Amber

As Nichola retreats I knock on the door but get no response. I knock once more.

"Em?" I decide to try to call her instead. After a few rings she answers.

"Amber? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just came to look for you but I guess you aren't in your room are you?"

"No, but I was actually about to head back. I'll be there in five."

"Ok." With that I hang up and walk into her room. I lay down on her bed while I wait. After a few minutes the door opens.

"Hey girl!" She practically throws herself onto the bed. I have to say that the few moments I've spent with her I've notices she's been a little bit more lively. Emily is always energetic and full of attitude but she's been acting even happier and it's hard not to notice with the huge smile she has plastered on her face.

"Hey Em. What has you so happy?" I smirk at her and I notice she fights to erase her smile.

"What do you mean?" Oh so now she wants to feign innocence.

"Emily, I know you just as well as you know me. So, spill." She sighs in defeat.

"I think I like someone." I open my mouth in shock before smiling.