Chapter 51 ~ Overheard Conversations

Episode: Season 6 - Let It Bleed Pt. 3

I sat in the waiting room of the hospital for so long, my leg going numb for sitting so long. Eventually, I got up and walked down the hallway to Lisa's room. Dean was in there with her now, I could see him from the doorway. He hadn't left her side since we got here five hours ago. Part of me thought he was still blamed me for it but the other part figured he was just hurting. Because he loved her and he was going to lose her. Suddenly though, Castiel appeared in the room and I hid behind the curtain protruding from the room so neither of them could see me.

"What do you want?" Dean asked in a dangerous voice.

"Dean, listen-" Cas started to say.

"What do you want me to say? She'll be dead by midnight," he told him, his words becoming soft at the end.

"I'm sorry..."

"I don't care. It's too little, too late,"

With that, Dean turned back to her, still holding onto her limp hand in his.

"Okay... Well, regardless, I didn't come for you," Cas told him, walking over to the other side of her bed.

"Meaning?" Dean snapped

Suddenly, the angel in a trench coat gently put a hand on her forehead. Dean watched him in confusion, silently.

A few seconds later, Cas removed his hand, "She's fine now. She'll wake soon..."

Dean sat up, staring at the monitor in shock.

"Dean, I said I'm sorry, and I meant it," Cas continued.

He was silent, letting out a long sigh of relief, shock still evident in his green eyes.

"Thank you... I wish this changed anything," he rasped to his former friend.

"I know. So do I. All else aside, I just wanted to fix what I could." the angel admitted.

I knew it was over for Dean and I in that moment and I turned away just as the levy broke. An onslaught of tears burst forth and I covered my mouth to stifle a sob as I slowly walked down the hallway. It was over. Forever. No getting back together, no 'I'm sorry's", no DEAN. Never again.

He had been so worried that he'd lose her...and in that moment, I meant nothing to him. And I knew it. Horrible thoughts swirled in my head and I held back another sob that threatened to bubble up from my throat. Sam rounded the corner up ahead then and stopped for only a second before he bounded down the hallway to me, hands instantly grabbing my arms.

"Parks, what's wrong?" he asked, concern etched in his hazel eyes as his fingers slid over my arms gently.

I took a deep breath, tears trickling down my cheeks only to be brushed away by Sam's thumbs.

"I think something's wrong with me," I choked out, looking up into his warm, hazel eyes.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, waiting for me to continue.

"I think I'm becoming like him..." I whispered softly to him, "...because I wanted her dead, Sammy,"

I'd barely gotten the words out before more tears came. It took Sam only a second to realize who I'd meant and wordlessly, he gathered me into his chest and I sobbed as he held me, stroking my black hair. We stayed like that a minute before he drove me back to Bobby's and I went up to my room where I was left alone with my thoughts. 

Note: To anyone wondering, obviously she was talking about wanting Lisa dead. BUT she was actually referring to becoming like Crowley XD