Chapter 25 ~ A New Face in the Gang

The boys found a new case a few weeks after what I'd christened the "Paris Hilton" one, much to their chagrin. This time around, it was fairy tales that were coming to life - nothing too out of the ordinary. So Sam had insisted I take the week off and stay with Bobby while they go handle this one. He said it would be good for me to have some down-time but I'd always been able to see through Sam Winchester's lies. And this one I could see clearly. He knew how much it hurt me to be around Dean right now and that's why he wanted me to stay.

So four hours later, here I was - sitting in a chair across from Bobby, thumbing through a worn copy of my favorite book, Alice in Wonderland. I let out a snicker at something the Cheshire Cat said and Bobby sent me a stern glance.

"Thought you were supposed to be helpin' me?" he arched an eyebrow at me, gesturing to the stack of books in front of him that he'd gathered after Sam had enlisted his help in the case.

I chewed my lip, shrugging. I was about to reply when the doorbell rang and I bolted out of my seat with Bobby yelling a few colorful cuss words along with "ya little idjit" after me. Phew! Thank goodness for impatient people at the door. My combat boots thudded on the wooden floor as I made my way across the hallway and to the door, yanking it open once I grabbed the doorknob. Ellen stood in the doorway, her hand holding onto a man with a bag over his head. Beaming, she pushed him in front of me.

"Hey, Parker, good to see you, honey. I need somewhere to hide this!" she greeted, brushing past me.

I giggled, shaking my head at her as Jo came bounding in after her. She sent me a small smile which I returned. I was about to close the door when a boot stopped me. Glancing down in confusion at it, I pulled the door back open before glancing up. My eyes met another pair of brown orbs - they were the color of a melted milk chocolate Hershey bar. The boy they belonged to seemed to be in a trance when he saw me and I snickered, blushing slightly as I looked down at my boots.

"Oh, sorry, I, uh-" he started as I glanced up at him again, scratching the back of his neck nervously, "I'm-"

"-with Jo and Ellen?" I asked, arching an eyebrow with a smirk as I crossed my arms over my chest.

He nodded, smiling sheepishly, "Yeah. I'm Ellen's nephew actually. I'm Hal Mason,"

My mouth made an 'O' and I nodded, stepping aside so he could come in.

"I'm Parker. Parker Martinez. I didn't know Ellen even had a nephew," I said, closing the door behind him as he headed the way Jo and Ellen had went.

He shrugged, "I'm her brother's son."

"Didn't know she had a brother, either." I muttered under my breath.

Finally, I got a better look at him. He was tall and muscular with short, black hair. He wore a faded camo jacket over a light gray t-shirt paired with dark jeans and brown combat boots similar to my own. The jeans hugged his legs, I noticed but I tore my gaze away as I followed him into the living room where Bobby, Ellen, and Jo were discussing something.

"I am not lettin' you hide that thing in my basement again, Ellen! I did the same for Rufus and what did that get me? Cops sniffin' around here for two weeks!" Bobby grumbled and Ellen huffed, rolling her eyes.

"Come on, Bobby, don't be that way. I just want to hide him here until I get some information, okay? It won't be but a week, tops..." she paused then, thinking, "Maybe three..."

"Three weeks with a demon in my basement?! Yeah, that will be fun explaining to Sheriff Mills," he scoffed, the brim of his trucker cap tilting over his eyes slightly.

I rolled my eyes, smiling at his usual grumpy demeanor. He always acted like this but underneath it all, he loved you dearly. That was just Bobby's way. Walking to the kitchen, I left them to their squabbles. I opened a box of banana Twinkies that Bobby had left unopened on the counter and squealed excitedly when, after ripping the plastic wrapper open, I shoved a bite into my mouth. The creme slid across my tongue and I moaned at the amazing taste of it.

A snicker erupted behind me and I spun around on my heel to see Hal standing there, shaking his head at me. I scowled at him, finishing off the last bites of my Twinkie.

"What?" I questioned him but he only shook his head in response.

"Just never saw someone with that much of a sweet tooth before," he shrugged, grinning but I waved him off.

"Yeah, yeah. Just stick around longer, the novelty of it will wear off pretty fast," I joked.

But when I turned back to face him, he was smiling at me. He was silent a moment and I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

"I'll hold you to that, Miss Martinez." he smirked, making me blush as he excused himself back to the living room where the sound of arguing could still be heard.

My heart still ached for Dean but this boy had my curiosity peaked.

Note: I know, I know. This chapter was a shock. But in my defense, based on episodes and my own calculations, Parker and Dean have been broken up for about a month and a half now. So it's not like she's moving on too fast or anything. Besides that, I had to write it this way so the story could move along. Also no hate on Hal, please. And I "imported" him from the sci-fi post-apocalyptic TV show, Falling Skies. Not that most of you have heard of it anyway cause it was never super popular so yeah, I basically just took that character and personality traits but he has no other ties to the show other than that.