Chapter 22 ~ All Good Things Must Come To An End

Episode: Season 5 - The End Pt. 2

Half an hour later, I was riding in a car with Sam, a blanket wrapped around me. The tears had dried on my face long ago and now I just felt numb. Sam leaned back in the driver's seat across from me and ran a hand through his shaggy, brown locks, taking in what I had just told him about our fight.

"So...your mother. She really was a witch?" Sam asked, arching an eyebrow at me.

I nodded in confirmation and Sam let out a breath, "Wow...but Dean. He didn't take it well, did he?"

Shaking my head, I chewed on my bottom lip. My eyes took in the scenery flying past me out the window before looking back at Sam. He watched me, concern clear in his hazel eyes.

"I should have told you both a long time ago... I'm sorry that I didn't. It's just that...everything got so hectic and Dean came back from Hell. And I didn't want to spoil everything and-" I started to explain when Sam cut me off, gently taking one of my hands in his.

"Parker, you don't have to explain yourself to me, okay? I get it. I do. I'm in no way judging what you did," he told me seriously, his words warm.

I nodded and let out a long breath as Sam released my hand, letting me pull the blanket tighter around my shoulders.

"So what now, Sammy?" I asked softly and Sam shrugged, at a loss for words.

"I don't know..." he admitted quietly.

A few minutes later, Sam had dialed Dean's number. What with Sam's offer from Lucifer and my own problems, we needed him. That and...and I hated fighting with him. It was our first fight as a couple...

"Dean, it's me," Sam spoke into the phone once Dean had picked up on the other end, "This is important,"

I leaned back in my seat, listening in to Sam's side of the conversation as I nestled into my cocoon of blankets.

"So that's it? That's your response?" Sam asked into the phone in exasperation, "I don't know, a-a little panic, maybe,"

I arched an eyebrow at him but he just shrugged.

"What are we gonna do about it? ...I want back in, for starters. I mean it. I'm sick of being a puppet to these demons. I'm gonna hunt him down, Dean,"

Adamantly, Sam shook his head as he continued the conversation with his brother, "Not revenge. Redemption... Look, Dean, I can do this. I can. I'm gonna prove it to you... Look, Parker's here, too... She wants to talk to you..."

Sam passed the phone to me then and with shaking hands, I took it from him and put it up to my ear.

"Hey, Dean..." I said softly into the receiver, "I-I know I messed up by keeping things from you...but I want to make this right..."

I could hear Dean sigh from the other end of the line and I bit my lip, the sound making anxious knots form in my stomach.

"Look, Parker, all of that doesn't matter. It's just...whatever we do... I mean, it turns out that you and me, we're the the fire and the oil of the Armageddon. You know, on that basis alone, we should just pick a hemisphere...stay away from each other for good..." he confessed and I felt my stomach drop at his words.

"Dean, it does not have to be like this!" I protested to him, "We can fight it,"

"Yeah, you're right, we can...but not together. We're not stronger when we're together, Parker," he admitted to me and I could feel my heart breaking at his words, "I think we're weaker because whatever we have between us love, family, whatever it is, they are always gonna use it against us and you know that,"

Tears pricked my brown eyes and I felt the air leave my lungs in that moment. It was like my world was crashing down around me - like someone was taking a hammer and destroying all of the good things in my life...starting with my first love.

"Yeah, we're better off apart... We got a better chance of dodging Lucifer and Michael and this whole thing if we just go our own ways," he said softly and every word felt like a knife in my heart.

"Dean, don't do this," I begged him, tears cascading down my face then.

"Bye, Parker." Dean finally said, his voice soft and gentle, almost a whisper.

A loud sob escaped my lips as the line went dead and I squeezed the phone in my fist. I probably would have broken it if it hadn't been for Sam removing it from my hand.

"He said everything would be okay..." I cried, staring at nothing.

Hot tears rolled down my cheeks as hiccuping sobs wracked my body, my chest heaving up and down as I came to a horrible realization. Dean had broken up with me.... It was over.