Chapter 3 ~ Here Comes the Angel

Episode: Season 4 - Lazarus Rising Pt. 3

Bobby informed Dean that we hadn't been in contact with Sam in months, not even knowing where he was now. Dean was able to track him though using the GPS in his phone and we found him near the town where we'd buried Dean. The whole ride there I couldn't take my eyes off Dean. Part of me still couldn't believe he was actually here - alive. I sat in the backseat of Bobby's pick-up, my head resting against the cushion as the vehicle bounced along the bumpy asphalt. Half an hour later, we arrived at a hotel in Pontiac, Illinois.

Loud music drifted through the door of the room we knew to be Sam's and I frowned. I hoped he was okay. Dean pounded on the door and soon, it swung open to reveal a dark-haired woman dressed in only a tank-top and underwear. I arched an eyebrow at her.

"So where is it?" she asked, eyeing the three of us expectantly.

"Where's what?" Dean asked after a moment's silence.

"The pizza that takes two guys and a girl to deliver?" she shot back.

"Excuse you, you little-" I started to say when Dean slapped a hand over my mouth, shaking his head at me as if to say 'no'.

I rolled my eyes, shrugging his hand off.

"I think we got the wrong room," Dean told her when suddenly, Sam walked up behind the girl.

He stopped abruptly when he saw us and I sent him a small smile as he sucked in an uneven breath.

"Hey, Sammy," Dean smiled slightly.

I couldn't say that the next thing that happened really surprised me. My gosh, we were hunters, after all. Just as Dean stepped in the door, Sam flipped open a pocket-knife and raised it high over his head to stab Dean with. The girl screamed as the boys began to fight. It took Bobby to break them up but when he pulled Sam away, I saw the anger in his hazel eyes.

"Who are you?!" he screamed at Dean.

"Like you didn't do this?" Dean shouted back at him.

"Do what?" Sam shot back.

"It's him. It's him, Sam. I've been through this already," Bobby tried to explain.

"It's really him, Sammy," I told him.

Sam's hazel eyes connected to mine, uncertain replacing the anger and I nodded, trying to give him reassurance.

"What?" he asked, breathing heavily from the fight.

"I know...I look fantastic, huh?" Dean smirked and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Idiot," I chuckled and Dean sent me a grin before turning back to Sam.

Suddenly, Sam walked over to his big brother. Dean embraced him tightly as he cried and I bit my lip, feeling my eyes burn from unshed tears. My boys were back together again. When they finally let go, the girl left and then there was just the four of us again. Sam informed us that he was not the one to bring Dean back although we all had assumed it was him. Bobby suggested we go to a psychic to see if she could figure out what had happened so we did.

But that only proved near-fatal to the psychic when her eyes were burned out by contacting the person who'd rescued Dean. According to her, it was a man named Castiel. We didn't know what to do with that information afterwards. It wasn't as if we could contact him without having the same thing happen to us. But Dean insisted we try to summon him again. Reluctantly, I agreed.

After we drew all the sigils we were supposed to, we all sat down to wait for the man to arrive. I sat beside Dean on one of the tables, our legs dangling back and forth in time with each other. He bumped my shoulder playfully and I bumped his back, the both of us chuckling softly. Biting my lip, I glanced over at him, taking in his features - plump pink lips, aquiline nose, and a jawline that looked as if it was cut from glass itself. He had always been perfect. Maybe I'd just let myself forget over the years...

"Look, Parker, I know I'm nice to look at but shouldn't we be focusing on Castiel here?" he teased, breaking me from my thoughts.

I scoffed, smiling as I punched him on the shoulder, "I was NOT staring, Dean,"

He made an 'mhmm' sound and I shook my head at him. I felt his eyes boring into me then and I looked up at him.

"We need to talk-" he started to say when suddenly, the planks of the roof began to flap up and down loudly, banging against each other.

Dean, Bobby, and I jumped off the tables before grabbing our weapons. He was coming.

"Wishful thinking, but maybe it's just the wind." Dean said just as the lights overhead popped and flickered.

The doors of the barn opened slowly and our eyes widened as a man stepped into the room, making his way over to us. His hair was short, dark, and disheveled with bright blue eyes peeking out underneath. He wore a long, tan trench coat covering a suit and tie. The man stepped over the Devil's Trap with ease, breezing by the sigils like they were nothing. I pulled the trigger on my rifle just as Dean and Bobby pulled the triggers on their own guns. But the rock-salt bullets did nothing.

He didn't even flinch as they hit him. We all glanced at each other warily before returning our gazes to the man. Dean pulled a knife then as the man came closer, circling us.

"Who are you?" Dean asked him.

"I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition," he informed him.

I arched an eyebrow. Okay, wasn't expecting that response.

"Yeah, thanks for that," Dean said slowly before stabbing the man with the demon blade.

The man didn't flinch, didn't groan. He just glanced down at the knife before sliding it out easily and letting it drop to the ground. Bobby tried to hit him over the back of the head with his gun but the man stopped him abruptly, turning around to place two fingers on his forehead before Bobby fell to the floor in a slump. I gasped, eyes wide.

"We need to talk, Dean," the man told him before eyeing me, "Alone,"

I scoffed, "Yeah, like that's gonna happen. I'm not leaving him alone with the likes of you,"

Dean walked over to Bobby then and the man informed us that Bobby was still alive, just sleeping.

"Who are you?" I asked him.

"Castiel," he told me simply.

"Yeah, I figured that much. I mean, what are you?" Dean said, coming to stand beside me.

"I'm an angel of the Lord," Castiel told him.

"Get out of here. There's no such thing," Dean growled and I put a hand over his to stop him.

My mother was a witch, that much I knew for sure. But it didn't change my upbringing or what I believed in. Aunt Grace had taken me to church as a kid and nothing I'd seen or did since had shaken my beliefs.

"This is your problem, Dean. You have no faith," Castiel informed him just as a clap of thunder rose up from outside.

What I saw next made my eyes widened and my mouth go dry. From behind Castiel rose up a pair of great, black wings. I stumbled backwards into Dean and he put an arm around me protectively. But I didn't feel scared of this...this...angel. As he gazed back at Dean and I with aqua blue eyes, somehow I knew that this angel would change our lives.