Chapter 10 ~ Don't Knock the 90's

Episode: Season 4 - I Know What You Did Last Summer Pt. 2

My Hey Violet t-shirt was splattered with blood by the time we got back and I groaned before changing out of it and into a fresh t-shirt. Jyn and Cassian looked back at me from the mirror, their faces glinting slightly off the material of my Rogue One shirt I smiled down at it slightly before heading to the bed. Sam and Dean still needed to patch up their wound so why not I just watch some TV? Grabbing the remote, I turned it on and it hummed to life before me. I channel-surfed through news channels until I stopped on a show I recognized. Grinning, I turned up the volume on it.

"Woman, you're cutting off my circulation!" Spike snapped from the TV screen as he wriggled in the ropes he was bound to the chair with.

I grinned, my brown eyes glued to Spike and his loveliness as Buffy peeked out from behind him.

"You don't have any circulation," she reminded him.

"Well, it pinches." he sniffed and I burst out laughing just as Dean walked by the TV.

"Ah, I love Spike! He's so perfect," I gushed happily, pressing the remote to my chest.

He arched an eyebrow as he looked at the screen then back at me.

"Buffy again?" he questioned and I shrugged.

"Don't knock the 90's, Dean! It was the best era there ever was," I said, pointing a finger at him to which he briefly put his hands up defense.

Dean was silent a moment before speaking.

"You know, I never asked you...what was it like being a vampire? More like Vampire Diaries or-" he started when I cut him off.

"Buffy," I answered simply and he arched his eyebrows.

"Really?" he asked me.

"Yeah, but sadly there was no Spike," I pouted.

"Huh...I would've thought Vampire Diaries," Dean shrugged as Sam shot him a confused look.

"You watch that show?" Sam asked him, a smile tugging at his lips.

Dean sent his younger brother a glare before walking over to sit down on the bed across from us, "It's called a guilty pleasure, Sammy."

Sam chuckled, shaking his head.

"Why hasn't she called to tell us where she is?" Dean suddenly asked, referring to Ruby.

"Because that demon is probably watching us right now. Waiting to follow us right back to Anna again. That's why he let us go," Sam explained to him.

"You call this letting us go?" I scoffed, still watching Spike.

"Yeah, I do. Killing us would have been no problem to that thing. That's why for now, we gotta lay low and wait for Ruby to contact us," he nodded, dark hair falling in his face.

"How's she gonna do that? Why do you trust her so much?" Dean suddenly asked him.

Sam shifted slightly on the bed, "I told you,"

"You gotta do better than that. I'm not trying to pick a fight here. I mean, I really want to understand. But I need to know more. I mean, I deserve to know more," Dean insisted.

I punched the power button on the TV so I could listen to the story then before hopping over to Dean's bed so I was facing Sam.

"Because she saved my life..." Sam sighed.

He explained everything then - how he met Ruby again, how he had begun to trust her, and even how he ended up with her. I cringed when he got to that part and Dean and I shared a look.

"Sam?" Dean asked, eyes wide.

"Yeah?" Sam looked up at him.

"Too much information," he told him.

"Hey, I told you I was coming clean," Sam said defensively.

"But now I feel dirty," I said, crinkling my nose in disgust.

"Okay, well. Brain-stabbing imagery aside, so far all you've told me about is manipulative and played mind games with you and did everything in the book to get you to go bad," Dean recapped and I grimaced, leaning into his side.

Dean's hand came to rest on my hip as Sam started to continue. I bit my lip as butterflies swarmed in my stomach from the contact. We'd been dating for four months but somehow, he still stirred those feelings inside me. Suddenly there was a pounding on the door, startling all of us. When Dean opened it, a maid barged in. Apparently Ruby had decided to possess a maid to contact Sam, letting us know where her and Anna were hiding out at.

Immediately, we headed to the address she'd given us. When we arrived, we had to inform Anna of her parents' death. She cried and cried and I frowned, feeling her pain. Her head was in her hands as she cried when suddenly, she bolted up right.

"They're coming!" she said with wide blue eyes.

The lights flickered overhead and Dean gestured to the back of the house, "Back room!"

The five of us raced to the back to hide and grab the weapons that we could. Wind was whipping around the house, blowing everything around in its wake. The wooden planks of the house flapped up and down as the front door was suddenly blown open. The boys held up their guns and I did the same, coming to stand between them. None of us knew what to think though when Castiel stepped in through the open doorway, that annoying angel Uriel walking in after him.

"Please tell me you're here to help. We've been having demon issues all day," Dean informed them both, still holding firmly onto the gun in his hand.

"I can see that," Uriel sneered, eyeing Ruby's black eyes, "You want to explain why you have that stain in the room?"

Before any of us could answer, Castiel spoke up.

"We're here for Anna," he declared and I arched an eyebrow.

"Here for her like "here for her"?" I questioned them.

"Stop talking!" Uriel snapped, making my blood boil, "Give her to us,"

"Are you gonna help her?" Sam asked, innocent as always.

"No. She has to die," Castiel told him finally, clear blue eyes meeting ours, "She has to die."