Chapter 35 ~ Our Apple Pie Life

Episode: Season 6 - Exile on Main Street Pt. 1

The alarm clock blared in my ear and I groaned, slapping Dean on the chest so he could turn it off. He grumbled something incoherent before pushing the button, silencing the thing. I smiled to myself. I'd trained him to do that. Turning over to face him, I saw his brow was creased and a frown was plastered to his face. Concern flooded my system and I snuggled up to my boyfriend of a year while we lay in bed.

Well, a year unless you count the other year we were together before we broke up for that year and...yeah, maybe I'll quit thinking now. Dean's green eyes met mine and I smiled over at him, resting a hand on his chest which he took in his.

"Baby, you okay?" I asked him softly.

Slowly, he nodded but there was still a hidden emotion in those green orbs. One I couldn't put my finger on.

"Yeah, I'm good." he told me in his morning voice, making shivers run up and down my spine.

No matter how long we'd known each other, how long we'd been dating - he'd always make me nervous, make me shiver from his touch. Gently, I pressed a kiss to his knuckles and he smiled, that lost look disappearing from his face. I got up out of bed after that, slipping on my zombie slippers before heading to the kitchen. Dean followed soon after and I bustled about the kitchen while he made breakfast, his Kiss the Cook apron tied snugly around him. Slipping underneath him, he lifted up the skillet to let me pass and I snickered, shaking my head at him. With a spatula, he slid a Darth Vader shaped pancake out onto my plate and I grinned up at him before pecking him on the cheek.

Dean pouted then and I laughed, "What?"

He glanced down at his apron and sighed, shaking his head.

"I need a new apron. One that says "Kiss the Cook On the Lips," he grumbled and I laughed again before walking around the counter to him once more.

Throwing my arms around his neck, I crashed my lips into his for a steamy kiss. His lips fit perfectly with mine, just like puzzle pieces as he hoisted me up onto the counter. I wrapped my legs around him, bringing him even closer as my fingers combed their way through tufts of his hair. I hummed into the kiss and he chuckled before kissing me back fervently. Suddenly, a car honked outside and I pulled myself away from a very reluctant and pouting Dean.

"D, I gotta go," I laughed, jumping off the counter before grabbing my purse, "I'll see you when I get off, okay?"

He smiled as I walked out of the kitchen before calling after me, "Don't let those nerds intimidate you, Parksy. Show 'em whose boss."

I rolled my eyes playfully, giggling at my crazy boyfriend as I headed down to the comic book store I worked at. The bells on the door tinkled as I entered and I heard my co-worker, Chrissy, greet me from the other end of the store. The rest of the day went well...until a certain little boy entered the shop. I cringed when I saw him, recognizing him instantly. His hair was jet-black, skin the color of porcelain, and he wore a child's leather jacket paired with dark jeans and sneakers. His mother came in behind him and I felt my blood boil just looking at her.

Her hair was dark like his, cascading down her back in waves, perfectly framing her brown doe-eyes. Lisa. And her son, Ben. Great. Just who I wanted to see. They'd moved in seven months ago, just across the street from me and Dean.

I'd always hated that woman but I hated here even more now that she was here in Lawrence. Dean and I had finally worked things out, finally we were back together. And it felt like Lisa just came back to destroy that. I know what she'd mean to Dean all those years ago. Even what Ben meant to him when he once thought the kid was his. But now?

Dean was mine now and I was not going to let this tramp steal him away from me. If she wanted him, she was going to have to fight for him. And trust me, she was going to lose. Thank goodness though, Chrissy came to my rescue just as they spotted me. Whisking them away with her, she led them to the section of new comic book arrivals. A few hours later, I got off work and headed home.

The house was dark when I entered but I shrugged it off. I knew Dean wouldn't be home till late. The construction company he worked at had laid a few people off and Dean amongst other employees had been there to pick up the slack. Grabbing a quick frozen meal to eat, I nuked it before scarfing it down and heading upstairs to get changed for bed. I'd been laying in bed for a couple of minutes when I heard someone come in downstairs, the front door closing quietly. I smiled, knowing it was Dean and sat up in bed just as he tromped up the stairs.

He shot me a tired smile through the darkness, shrugging off his jacket and shoes before immediately climbing into bed beside me. I smiled as he gathered me to his chest, feeling his heartbeat underneath my fingertips. My legs tangled up with his and I pressed my face into his neck, breathing in the scent of him before pressing kiss there. He let out a chuckle before capturing my lips in a sweet, slow kiss. When he pulled away, I smiled up at him.

"I love you," I admitted, gazing into his green eyes.

"I know." he smirked and I laughed, raising my hand to slap him on the chest.

But instead, he caught my hand and pulled me into him, rolling over until he was on top of me, placing gentle kisses on my neck and lastly, my nose.

"Good night, short-stack," he whispered and I caressed his face with my hand, fingers running down the tiny smattering of freckles and scars there.

"Good night, dirt-bag." I whispered back, kissing him one last time before he rolled off me, spooning me from behind with his arm wrapped tightly around my waist as we both drifted off to sleep.

Note: A part 2 and possibly 3 for this episode will be posted tomorrow, guys ;)