Chapter 15 ~ My Life In Print

Episode: Season 4 - The Monster At the End of This Book Pt. 1

My eyes widened as I read the page and I looked up at the boys.

"This is freaking insane. How's this guy know all this stuff?" Dean asked, taking the words right out of my mouth.

I shrugged, "You got me. It doesn't make any sense at all!"

A sigh escaped my mouth as I flipped through the pages of the book in my hands. Apparently, our lives were now a book series called Supernatural by Carver Edlund. This whole thing was just creepy if you ask me.

"Everything is in here! How come we haven't heard of them before?" he asked, flipping off the bed to walk over to sit at the table by Sam.

"They were pretty obscure. I mean, almost zero circulation. Started in '05," Sam told us both as I sat on the bed across from them, swinging my legs back and forth aimlessly, "Publisher put out a couple dozen before going bankrupt. And the last one, No Rest for the Wicked ends with you going to Hell,"

"I reiterate. Freaking insane. Oh, check it out, there's actually fans," Dean said, green eyes scanning the forums, "Not many of them, but still. Did you read this?"

"Yeah," Sam replied simply, raking a hand through his shaggy brown hair.

"For fans, they do complain a lot. Listen to this. Simpatico says, "The demon story line is trite and cliché-"

"Yeah, well, forget you, Simpatico, we lived it," I cut him off as I got up to stand behind Dean, huffing slightly as I leaned over his shoulder to read.

Sam snickered slightly, "Yeah. Well, keep on reading. Gets better,"

"There are Sam Girls, Dean Girls, Parker Guys and- What's a slash fan?" Dean asked, eyebrows furrowing in confusion suddenly.

"As in Sam-slash-Dean. Together," Sam explained, arms crossed.

Dean's apple-green eyes widened in alarm, "Like, "together" together?"

"Yeah," he confirmed and I burst out laughing, holding my sides.

Both boys turned to glare at me, only making me laugh even harder. I moved a hand to steady myself, grabbing onto the back of Dean's chair as my giggles subsided.

"They do know we're brothers, right?" Dean questioned, arching an eyebrow.

"Doesn't seem to matter," his younger brother sighed and I bit the inside of my cheeks to stop from laughing again.

"Oh, come on. That-that's just sick," Dean complained, slamming the laptop shut, "We gotta find this Carver Edlund."

Sam traced the publisher to her house after that and we all piled into the Impala before heading out there to find the woman. We arrived about half an hour later at a small red-paneled house and the three of us knocked on the door before the owner greeted us all, welcoming us inside.

"You know, they never really got the attention they deserved," the woman told us, looking at her bookshelf full of the series admiringly, "All anybody wants to read anymore is that romance garbage,"

"Right. Well, we're hoping that our article can shine a light on an underappreciated series," Sam lied, smiling warmly at the lady.

She nodded emphatically, "Yeah, yeah! 'Cause you know, if we got a little bit of good press, then maybe we could start publishing again,"

"No, no, no. Oh, no. I mean, why-why would you wanna do that? You know, it's, uh, such a complete series what with Dean going to Hell and all," Dean spoke up then, walking a bit closer to the woman.