Chapter 13 ~ Back to School Blues

Episode: Season 4 - After School Special Pt. 1

The angels ended up finding Anna and after becoming an angel once more, she left with them. Not that I particularly cared what happened the girl but I know the boys were sad they weren't able to save her. But like always, we just kept going. I traced patterns on the window with my fingertips, the glass cool beneath my skin. Light rain fell onto the Impala as Dean and Sam discussed the next case in the front seat. Briefly, my eyes flicked to my boyfriend and catching me looking, he sent me a smirk before I ripped my gaze away with a crimson blush tinting my cheeks.

Only Dean Winchester had the power to make me blush, I thought to myself with a roll of my eyes. My mind went back to a few nights ago then - with Dean in the Impala and I shivered, still remembering how his lips tasted, his hands on my skin... It was enough to drive anyone crazy. Suddenly, something Dean said snapped me from my reverie.

"Truman High, home of the Bombers," he said sarcastically.

"What's your point?" Sam shrugged at his older brother.

"I don't know. We went there for a month, a million years ago. Why you so jazzed to go back?" Dean asked him.

"I'm not. I just think it's worth looking into," Sam defended himself.

"Yeah, sure, Sammy." I muttered sarcastically and he shot me a warning look.

Huffing slightly, I dropped the subject and stretched out on the backseat as Dean pulled out of the parking lot, the Impala careening down the road. Wow, the old school. Biting my lip, my mind went back to the time when we had went. Like Dean said, it had only been a month. But still...I could still remember every detail in vivid clarity - the smell of the hallway, pencil lead marks on my fingertips, boring textbooks, and the deafening chatter of other kids all talking at once. Still though...not all the memories had been bad...

~ Flashback ~

John drove the Impala down the dirt road as we neared the large building up a head. It was a school but it sure looked like a prison sentence to me. I let out a huff from the backseat as I climbed out after Sam, hoisting my Lisa Frank backpack higher up on my shoulder.

"Got your lunch? Books? Butterfly knife?" Dean asked suddenly, walking up beside us.

"Yeah, Dean," we both mumbled.

Neither Sam nor myself wanted to go here. Aunt Grace was on vacation with a group of old girlfriends so she'd left me with the Winchesters...and unfortunately, John had a case so we were all being sent to school. Again.

"You two okay?" he asked us, stopping suddenly.

Concern was etched in his green eyes as he towered over us. Dean was only 17 but man, had he gotten tall! I frowned, feeling short next to him. Then again, Sam and I were only 14 and 13 so maybe we just hadn't finished growing yet. At least, that's what John always told us.

"I mean, look, this is the third school we've been to and it's only November. I'm just sick of being the new kid," Sam frowned at his brother.

"You'll be fine. If anyone gives you any trouble, you let me know," Dean told him and Sam rolled his eyes in response, "Relax, Dad said this hunt will take him two weeks, tops. As soon as he gets back, we're out of here,"

"To another school?" I asked, crossing my arms.

Dean shrugged and I sighed, "Awesome."

Trudging past the brothers, I headed into the school. Sam and I were introduced to the class before we picked our seats. The day dragged on although Sam did make friends with a boy named Barry Cook. He was nerdy but sweet so we all hung out together in between classes over the next couple of weeks.

~ End of Flashback ~

My mind was pulled back to reality as the brothers and I entered the school, bags in hand that held our new uniforms. Usually we just went as FBI or something but Sam had a better idea. Honestly, I didn't know if it was "better" or not though because the stupid black pantsuit Dean had picked out was too tight on me. I huffed, smoothing out the wrinkles as I stepped out of the bathroom and into the hallway. He would so pay for this. A sigh escaped my mouth as I passed by the classroom I was to be teaching.

Sam was a janitor and Dean was a coach so why in the world had I been reduced to being a sub? No one even liked subs! Making my way to the gym, I could just hear the faint sound of Dean's voice reverberating in the room.

"Today, you will have the honor of playing one of the greatest games ever invented. A game of skill, agility, cunning. A game with one simple rule..." Dean trailed off.

Stepping into the doorway, I almost snorted at Dean's attire - a white polo t-shirt and tiny red shorts that showed off his legs.

"Dodge!" Dean said suddenly, heaving a big red ball at one of the kids lined up in front of him.

The boy doubled over in pain then and Dean just looked at him.

"Sorry." he shrugged, clearly not meaning it and I snickered, grinning at my boyfriend's behavior.

"Are you enjoying someone else's pain again, Park?" a voice asked from behind me and I let out a laugh, shrugging as I tilted my head to see Sam behind me.

"Well, if I don't enjoy it, who will?" I grinned and Sam just sighed, shaking his head at me as Dean walked up to us.

"Having fun?" Sam asked and Dean held his whistle up to the both of us.

"The whistle makes me their god," Dean smirked.

"Right. Nice shorts," I winked at him.

"Nice pantsuit," he fired back and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Find anything?" he changed the subject, turning to Sam.

"Been over the entire school twice, no sulfur,"

"No sulfur, no demon. No demon, no case.

"I don't know, maybe I was wrong," Sam sighed and I could tell he was disappointed.

No case meant we would be leaving soon.

"It happens to the best of us. I say we hit the road, huh? But after lunch, it's, uh, sloppy-joe day." Dean told him before walking back to his group.

I leaned my head on Sam's shoulder, patting his arm, "Well, at least we got to come back so you could see the school again,"

Sam released a long sigh, nodding, "Yeah..."