Chapter 30 ~ Pudding Time

Episode: Season 5 - Sam, Interrupted

Jo and Ellen were dead. Those were five words I'd never wanted to hear. I could barely make myself believe them. But it was true, it was all true. I'd seen it happen with own eyes. Jo and I had our issues, sure, but I had never wished her death.

That was just too vicious, too cruel. It was a very silent two weeks that passed us by after that until finally, Dean had decided we all needed to take a case, get our minds off things. Sam and I couldn't have agreed more. In fact, everything was going fine - I found a case, Sam grabbed the laptop, and Dean snatched the keys from the coffee-table. All was well...until Hal wanted to come. Don't get me wrong - he was amazing and I cared a lot about him.

But...the idea of going on a hunt with my current boyfriend and my ex-boyfriend really didn't appeal to me. I couldn't just say no to him though and soon, I found myself in the back of the Impala with Hal beside me and Dean and Sam up front. Dean was gripping the steering wheel so hard, his knuckles had turned white and I knew he was on edge, too. Biting my lip so hard I could taste blood, I tried to smile up at my boyfriend but faltered. Luckily, he didn't seem to notice my discomfort - just pulled me into his side and I rested my head on his shoulder. About half an hour later, we arrived at our destination and I let out a sigh of relief as I climbed out of the Impala after the boys.

The mental hospital loomed up before us and I followed after Dean and Sam, Hal walking beside me. Walking inside, we quickly found the doctor and he ushered us into his tiny office. Three chairs lined the front of the desk and we all took our seats. Dean sat down on the left and Sam to the right. I shot Sam a glare but he just shrugged in response - leaving me to sit beside Dean.

Glancing helplessly over at my boyfriend, he just nodded to me and gestured back to the door, "I'll just wait outside for you guys."

I was about to protest but he'd already slipped out the door, closing it behind him. Sighing to myself, I took my seat in the middle.

"You were referred to me by a Dr. Babar in Chicago?" Dr. Fuller asked.

Dean nodded in confirmation, "That's right,"

"Isn't there a children's book about an elephant named Babar?" the doctor arched an eyebrow.

"I don't know. I don't have any elephant books. Look, doctor, I think that the doc was in over his head with this one because my brother's, uh-" Dean said before stopping to make a whirling motion beside his head.

"Okay, fine, thank you, that's-that's really not necessary. Why don't you tell me how you're feeling, Alex," he said, turning to Sam with a concerned expression.

Sam let out a sigh, "I'm fine. I mean, okay, a little depressed, I guess,"

"All right. Any idea why?"

"Probably because I started the apocalypse,"

The doctor glanced up from his clipboard in confusion then, "The apocalypse?"

"Yeah. That's right," Sam nodded sadly.

The doctor glanced to Dean and me and we both shot him knowing smiles.

"And you think you started it?" he asked him.

"Well, yeah. I mean, I killed this demon, Lilith, and I accidentally freed Lucifer from Hell. So now he's topside, and we're trying to stop him," Sam explained to him with a straight face.

Dean rolled his eyes from his seat and I almost snickered but bit my tongue.

"Who is?" the doctor asked.

"Me. And them. And, uh, this one angel,"

"Oh, you mean like a-? Like an angel on your shoulder?"