Chapter 44 ~ That Slytherin Boy

Note: Sorry for the lateness in posting, guys. My only excuse was that I was having a Draco Malfoy obsession. So...yeah, it kind of bled over into my writing a wee bit... Enjoy! ;)

Sam was back - my best friend, my moose, my Sammy... And I couldn't be happier. I had been so depressed not having him around - it was like he was there but not there. Just the shell of him had been walking around. It had been enough to drive one mad. But luckily, after a deal with Death, Dean had gotten Sam's soul back.

My spirits lifted at the thought. I was still mad at this whole thing with Dean but he'd gotten Sammy back and that's all that mattered right now. I pulled the blanket closer around my bare legs, my Jack Skellington t-shirt just barely covering the hem of my jean-shorts. I had just popped a DVD into the VCR before rejoining Sam on the couch. Dean was supposed to be here, watching it with me. But he'd received a supposed "emergency" phone call from Ben, saying Lisa was in danger.

So, of course, he went running to her as fast as he could. Leaving me to watch it by myself. Sam noticed something was off though and offered to watch it with me. Part of it was because he was a big Potterhead, too, but I knew the other part of him just wanted to cheer me up. Sighing, I got situated in my cocoon of blankets as I glanced over at the screen to make sure the DVD had loaded. Sam just shook his head at me, smiling before pulling me into his side. A smile lit up my own face as he wrapped an arm around my 4'9 frame.

Suddenly, Hedwig's theme began to play and I bit my lip in excitement. I hopped up and down in my seat, making Sam chuckle when I started to hum along to it. We stayed like that well into the movie when finally, the scene I was waiting for came on.

"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny. Witty. This place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my father hears that Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes," Draco sneered, Crabbe and Goyle laughing behind him at his joke.

"Shut up, Malfoy," Harry snapped at him.

Draco and the other boys 'ooh'ed as he handed his bookbag to someone to hold while he stepped up to Harry.

Suddenly, he looked frightened and he pointed behind Harry, "Dementor, dementor!"

Everyone burst into laughter as the Golden Trio turned in unison to glance behind them. But when they whipped back around, Draco and his own trio had lifted up the hoods of their robes and mimicked the actions of the Dementors.

I burst out laughing myself at the scene and Sam shot me a funny look.

"Why are you laughing? I thought you hated Draco," he asked in confusion.

I grinned, gently patting his knee, "You have a lot to get caught up on, Samuel,"

He rolled his eyes playfully at me, strands of brown hair falling in his face as I continued.

"I don't know, dude. I watched this show for like 10 years and for all that time I was just like "Harry and Ron, Harry and Ron" then all of a sudden, years pass and boom "DRACO!". I don't know what's happened to me, Sammy," I shrugged in response, explaining it to him as my eyes drifted back to the platinum blond that was now strutting up to Buckbeak.

We watched the rest of the movie in relative silence apart from laughing when there was a funny scene and of course, crying over Buckbeak's death. Even Sam got a bit teary-eyed at that part. He was just happy Dean wasn't home to bug him about it. Now he could just cry in peace...like a man. The movie finished soon after and as the credits rolled, Sam turned to me on the couch.

"So, go ahead. Fill me in. I know something's been going on with you and Dean," he arched an eyebrow and I frowned.

Good mood killed completely - thanks, Sammy. A sigh escaped my mouth as I turned around to face my best friend. I glanced down, picking at a loose string on my blanket.

"Dean...Dean's been seeing Lisa," I admitted quietly and Sam's hazel eyes widened in response.

"What?" he breathed, eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Since-"

"Since 8 months ago, " I shrugged, my eyes becoming sad as I thought about their "friendship", "I don't know how exactly or why even... I thought we were happy, that he was happy with me. And then one day, he just said it: he's been seeing her. They're not dating but still...it hurts..."

Sam nodded, listening to my every word with concern held in his eyes.

"And we've talked about it but he still won't let her go. I've tried to make him see that it hurts me but he insists she means something to him and he just can't let it go..." I trailed off, feeling the wave of hot tears prick my brown eyes but biting it back.

But he knew me better than anyone did - even when I tried to hide my emotions or didn't say a word. He just always knew. Wordlessly, he gathered me into his chest, strong arms encircling my frame and the tears came rushing out. A sob bubbled up from my throat as I snuggled into him, feeling the material of his shirt scratch against my cheek. Flannel and old book smell lingered on him but I smiled slightly. That smell was and would forever be what I considered Sam's scent. Just his.