Chapter 46

Winter's POV

   I suppose everyone left the room because I can think in peace. What did they mean by me ruling one day? Something big is going to happen?

   A knock on the door forced my gaze as I slipped on a sweatshirt and jeans.

   "Miss, the King has requested your presence in his office." Great.

   My steps were quick, my thoughts were racing. What the Hell could he want now? I shoved the doors open with anger to reveal George, the boys, and some other men. 

   "Listen, I don't want to hear your bullshit lecture. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not a part of your little fucking family. We're leaving today most likely. I'm not fixing your problems anymore. I'm not taking the blame for your stupid mistakes anymore." I snapped as I walked in. George stared at me, as did the men. My boys sat on the edge of the room with a sigh.

   "We wanted to know your input on what we should do about-" Todd said gently. Rolling my eyes I went to leave before he could finish, only to be shoved back inside by Landon. What the Hell?!

   "What is your issue, Princess?!" I snapped at Landon who shook his head. 

   "Just shut up for once and listen." His voice was serious, but he pissed me off. I sent a kick to his groin, he toppled over onto the floor with a groan. 

   "Winter!" Mr.Kormack snapped. Landon whined in pain.

   "Don't fucking touch me." I stood up and looked to George. "I don't want to help you people. It's not my obligation." George leaned against his desk with a look of defeat. He peered over to the boys who shook their heads. "Am I missing something? I'm about two seconds away from gifting all of you what I did for Landon." Mr.Kormack stretched his neck.

   "Whitaker." Mr.Kormack's voice was low and frustrated. I'm not sure he's ever called me that. Something serious has happened I suppose. Begrudgingly, I shut my mouth and listened.

   "We've gotten news that something has happened back home." George said softly. My heart spiked, anger settled in my stomach. He was testing the waters. "It seems as though Veronica has attempted to mate with Parker so she can take over your pack." Eden was snarling in my head. "Your family is okay, for now. We are sending you there with your boys, and some reinforcements."  I stayed silent for a few minutes, they all waited for a response.

   "Are you sure it isn't a trap. To get us on the road so it's easier to strike here or kill us." George nodded.