Chapter 44

Lincoln's POV

   I was called outside by Monty. When I walked out there, George and Frank were screaming at each other. Frank was raging, Monty held Todd's hand in fear. 

   "It is their fault my son is corrupt! You allowed a fucking mutt into the house with faggot for mates!" Frank roared in George's face. His wife was watching with an angry look on her face.

   "My daughter isn't a mutt! Watch yourself Frank!" George's chest rumbled with anger. Frank laughed angrily.

   "She is, and she's your wife's fault. No one understands that she is the only white wolf alive. You've been lying to everyone for fear!" George seemed as though he was slapped in the face. When Frank looked to Monty, he saw me in the background. My wolf started growling internally. How dare he speak of my baby like that!?

   "You, you are the reason my son takes it in the ass. He's seen that it's 'acceptable' from you people. You are disgusting!" I understand where the traditional man is coming from, but he's wrong. Very wrong. My body shook gently.

   "How about you calm down, Frank. Let's not bring this to a point of aggression." Todd snapped at Frank, he was met with a snarl from Monty's father.

   "You shut your mouth, faggot." Monty let go of Todd's hand immediately, how could a parent treat their child in such a way? I mean, George and Gwen did it to Winter. 

   Somehow this escalated to me being on the backyard with Frank shifting. I couldn't shift for some reason, my wolf was too tired I suppose. This was going to be very b- 

   "Fuck!" I snarled as he sunk into my leg. I wanted to honestly cry, but I didn't. It's not a good look to be seen as weak. That's when I heard people telling Winter not to kill Frank. I felt a woosh, then saw Eden in full form. She was smaller before, but she had held back her size to allow Winter to become accustomed.  Her coat was shiny and white/silver. She was the biggest wolf that I've ever seen, her perk, she can change sizes when needed. White wolves are very special creatures. 

   The roar that came from my baby sent my heart hammering. She's so amazing, she had easily tossed Frank around, Eden toying with him. When she turned to me, I froze. Her eyes shifted from pure white to red as she lifted my body easily onto the 'deck'. Kaine ran over to me, assessing the wound, that's when I saw some other wolf sneak behind her.

   "Winter!" I could hear the teeth sinking into her neck, her whine broke my heart. How was she able to shift? After mating, wolves aren't able to shift. It takes a day or so, but she was able to. Maybe from the stress, or her not ever shifting. Eden's eyes turned completely black, the scariest I've ever seen Winter or Eden look. Her blood stained her coat, she stumbled, then regained her balance. When I looked to Monty he nodded at me.