Chapter 46 ~ Intruding Angels

Episode: Season 6 - The French Mistake Pt. 1

Another week had passed and this time, Dean and I weren't even on speaking terms. Not even arguing terms. I just shut him out completely and he me. It was like we were strangers... After a little convincing, I'd finally agreed to help him and Dean with research. So that's how I came to be sitting in Bobby's living room with both boys.

Dean was sitting at the desk with me on the couch across from him. He kept trying to make eye contact with me but I blatantly ignored him. Rain pounded hard on the windows outside, coming down in buckets. I shivered. The rain made it colder in here. Sam walked back in from upstairs then and looked around, a stack of books in his arms.

"Where's Bobby?" he asked in confusion, not seeing the older man anywhere.

"In town, supply run," Dean informed him, nodding to the window.

"In this?" Sam arched an eyebrow, briefly hooking a thumb to the pouring rain.

"Yeah, man's a hero. We were officially out of hunter's helper," he shrugged, showing Sam the empty bottle.

Sam laughed slightly, rolling his eyes at his brother when suddenly, the lights overheard flickered. I groaned, thinking immediately that it was either a vengeful spirit or the vengeful light company. Either way, it wasn't good. I had The 100 coming on later and I could not miss my Bellamy time.

"Hello, boys," Balthazar said suddenly from behind us and I jumped slightly on the couch as he walked around us to the desk, "You've seen "The Godfather," right?"

"Balthazar-" Dean started but the angel pressed on, ignoring him as I got up off the couch to join the boys.

"You know, the end, where Michael Corleone sends his men to kill his enemies in one big, bloody swoop?" he asked rhetorically as he sat a large, empty bowl onto the desk before grabbing a carton of table salt.

"Hey!" Dean interjected again gruffly.

""Dead sea brine." Good, good, good," he said to himself as he began to shake the salt into the bowl, "You know, Moe Greene gets it in the eye, and Don Cuneo gets it in the revolving door?"

"I said "hey"," Dean tried again to no avail.

"You did. Twice, " I smiled over at him sarcastically before mockingly patting him on the arm, "Good for you!"

He shook my hand off and scowled as Balthazar began to speak again.

"Blood of lamb. Blood of lamb..." he muttered to himself before apparating over to the fridge, "Beer, cold pizza. Blood of lamb. Yes! Blood of lamb!"

"Why are you talking about "The Godfather"?" Sam piped up just as the angel apparated beside us again, making us all spin around.

"Because we're in it -- right now, tonight. And in the role of Michael Corleone -- the Archangel Raphael,"

"You mind telling us what you mean?" Dean questioned him, sharing a look with Sam, "Wait, Raphael is after you?"

"Raphael is after us all. You see, he's consolidated his strength. And now he's on the move," he informed us and my eyes widened in panic.

"And where's Cas?" I inquired after my feathered friend, instantly worried for his safety.

"Oh, Cassie? He is deep, deep underground. So, good old Raffy put out a hit list on every last samaritan who helped our dear Cas -- including the three of you. And so much more importantly, me. See, he wants to draw Cas out in the open,"

"You expect us to just believe you?" Sam asked him suspiciously.

"Oh, don't. You'll go where I throw you either way," Balthazar shrugged, busily applying the 'paste' that he'd made onto the window pane.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I growled but the angel didn't answer as the lights began to flicker overhead once more.

"And that...that's all the time we have, gentlemen," he told us and I shot him a dirty look, "and lady,"

He dug around in his jacket pocket then, feeling for something when we all noticed the dark red stain on his t-shirt.

"Whoa. What happened there?" Dean asked him.

"Oh. Garish, I know. You see, Uncle Raffy sent one of his nastiest to handle me," he shrugged in response like it was nothing, "I'm flattered, actually. And down a lung at the moment, but that's all right,"

I almost snickered at his humor in such drama. He was an okay guy sometimes. I would have probably ended up liking this angel a lot better though if I could just quit comparing him to Klaus' father... The resemblance was uncanny...

"Oh, here's for you," he interrupted my thoughts, handing a set of keys to me.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "What am I supposed to do with this?"

"Run with it," he said seriously just before he was thrown back by an invisible force.

Then the person who'd done it was revealed, striding in from the kitchen. A tall man in a suit came closer to us.

"Virgil!" Balthazar growled before looking to us and putting up a hand, "I said, run!"

All of a sudden, the three of us were sent propelling through the air. I tried to grab onto something, anything, when my hand found Dean's. Without even thinking about our fight at the moment, I held on tight to his hand and he did the same. There was a loud sound of glass breaking behind us as we made impact with something solid. We fell through then, the downy-softness of what we fell on cushioning the blow. Immediately, we got up, breathing heavily from the fall just a voice shouted over to us.

"Cut!"

We looked up just as loud clapping could be heard and we saw a group of people all gathered around video-cameras.

"Real good solid fall. Way to go, " one man said, slapping Dean on the rear.

Instinctively, I shot him a glare, squeezing Dean's hand. My eyes met green then and I realized what I was doing, instantly dropping his hand.

"Jared, Jensen, Vanessa! Outstanding! That was just great," the man who'd shouted 'cut' earlier beamed over at us.

""Supernatural," scene one echo, take one. Tail slate. Marker!" a man with a head-seat behind us said, clicking a clapperboard.

Our eyes widened and I cursed under my breath before turning to the boys.

"Guys, what just happened? Where are we?!"