"Squad Levi, continue the mission. Escort Eren. Protect him with your lives. (Y/N), you'll stay here with us. Levi, Hanji, Miche, the rest of you, stay here and defend the Female Titan at all costs!" Erwin yells and Levi draws his blades, jumping from the titans head and onto a nearby branch.

I mentally panic and equip my Vertical Maneuvering Equipment, shooting an anchor into a branch and pulling myself up.

The Titan screamed harshly as we awaited for what would happen next. Samuel stands next to me with his blades drawn and quietly watching the titans every move.

Boom, boom, boom, boom.

The sounds of the footsteps got louder and louder each second. Preparing myself for yet another battle, I play with my rose for luck, and stick it back within my hair, somewhat tangling it so it wouldn't fall off.

Boom.

Everything was instant. It was just like that. I was fighting against over 30 titans that were biting and gnawing down onto the Female titans skin, pulling away her muscle greedily.

No matter how much we took down, more just kept coming. We fought for so long but we got nowhere.
"Defend her!" Commander Erwin shouted.

"There's too many! They keep coming!" Hanji shouts back.

Although we figured the titans wouldn't focus on us, we were wrong. Often a soldier was grabbed, and either thrown against a tree, or instantly thrown into the rotten titans throat.

In fatigue, I quickly anchored myself back onto a tree, watching the rest of the soldiers continue to fight.

The sounds of battle made me more sick than the sight of it.

You can save them, (Y/N)...

You're their princess, do something.

The voices in my head spoke, persuading me to save the soldiers that were grabbed.

No, that wouldn't be smart.

Do it!

I take a deep breath and close my eyes, re-thinking my life. What I was about to do, was basically a suicide mission. I would have to either have to trust in myself to save my own skin, or rely on Sam and Levi, but they were too busy killing titans...

I grip tightly onto my blood stained blades, the one Levi gave me and clench my teeth.

I don't want to die...

That's a bit selfish of you to say, yes? You're the princess.

I don't want to be the princess!

But you are.

I could feel my eyes welling with tears at the thought of death.

A soldier begins to scream in terror as a Titan grabs him and brings him up to its throat.

Now or never, princess. Unleash Hell.

I'm really going to do this?

Not giving a second thought, I immediately shoot myself onto the titans hand and tackle the soldier of its grip. He manages to catch himself by anchoring a line onto a tree, and flies back up, sending me "Thank you!"

I smile gracefully at him and shoot a line into a tree, zipping away.

That wasn't so bad.

You've got a bad habit of thinking too soon, princess.

My anchor breaks, and I immediately drop down. The air in my lungs are snatched away, and I almost throw  up.