When we got home, we directly went to bed and she fell asleep as soon as she closed her eyes.

She must have been tired the whole. I wonder what she's been thinking about.

--

The next day, we ate breakfast like how we used to every morning. But today, she seemed so out of herself. She just ate without looking at me.

I greeted her with a morning kiss and she responded with a kiss too but I can feel that she's really acting strange.

It's her birthday today, but I decided to not greet her because we'll have to surprise her tonight.

We will make her believe that no one knew or remembered her birthday so that the surprise we prepared will all be worth it.

I'm supposed to tell Hyunwoo to pick her up but I decided to change plans. I will bring her to school so I could spend time longer with her.

When we arrived in her school, she's supposed to get off but she stayed without taking off her seatbelt.

"Ya, aren't you getting off? We're here." I said.

She sighed.

She then took her seatbelt off.

"Hey, you have been acting weird since yesterday. Seriously, what's wrong?" I said.

She looked at me straight in the eyes and smiled.

She took a lean forward, cupped my cheeks with her hands, and kissed me on the lips.

Surprised, I smiled back at her.

"See you later, Kihyun." She said before getting off of the car without sparing me a second to speak.

But I believe something is wrong with her. She is not her usual, cheerful self. She is hiding something from me.

I then went back to the company. I decided to take the afternoon off so I could help prepare her surprise party.

I cancelled the reservation I made with the restaurant and decided to have the party at home.

I invited her current family, and her best friends.

Hyungwon helped me with the decorations while Mrs. Kim and Wonho prepred the menu for dinner. I also asked Hyunwoo to come over and help us with the preparation.

Mr. Kim arrived later with a three-layered cake.

For a fake daughter, Mr. Kim really did some good effort for Sohee. I believe that he really likes her.

"Woooow! That's so tall." Hyungwon said with excitement.

"Daebak." Wonho hyung said.

"Yeobo, Jungri will really like that." Mrs. Kim smiled with content.

"I bet she will." Mr. Kim said, looking all happy.

We continued with the preparations until Honey and Channy arrived.

"Annyeong haseyo. We are So-- Jungri's friends. Nice to meet.. you.. all.." Their eyes were all fixed into Wonho, Hyungwon, and Hyunwoo.

Honey and Channy's eyes were all sparkly.

"So where's Jungri?" I asked.

"Before we got separated, she said she's gonna go buy some groceries before coming home."

"So she'll be home soon. Let's hurry." I said.

We continued preparing everything until we heard a door bell.

"Could it be her already?!" Hyungwon said.

"Sir.." our maid came back with someone.

"MINHYUK?!" Honey and Channy shouted.

"Minhyuk-ah!" Hyungwon said as he raised his hand.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to give Jungri my gift. Ah, annyeong haseyo Mr. and Mrs. Kim."

How the hell does he know about her birthday?

"Ye, annyeong haseyo. Who..?" Mrs. Kim wondered.

"I'm Jungri's close friend, Lee Minhyuk."

"And you know him, Hyungwon?" Mr. Kim asked.

"Jungri and I once went to a restaurant that he owns." Hyungwon said.

"Anyway, since he's here, you can join us. Is that okay, Kihyun?" Wonho asked.

Do I have a choice?

"Ne, hyung."

Minhyuk then smiled at me. What the hell is he smiling for?!

We waited for Sohee to arrive.

6pm..

630pm..

7pm..

730pm..

We could not call her for the surprise effect but, we are starting to get worried.

"Kihyun, I think you should call her. I'm worried." Mrs. Kim said.

"Ne, eomoni." I then tried calling her but it keeps on ringing.

I tried three times but she is not answering.

"She's not answering her phone." I said.

Wonho hyung then tried to call her but still, no response.

We each tried to call her but she didn't answer.

"I will go look for her." I said.

I then ran out of the house and boarded my car. My front seat door then opened.

"Let me come with you." Honey said.

I then drove as fast as I can. I tried tracing her phone and finally got a location.

I followed the direction and ended up on a park. I got out of my car and Honey followed me.

We walked until we reached the destination.

We found her phone beside a trash can and I picked it up.

It was wrapped with a piece of paper, containing some word on it. It was a letter.

"Is it hers?" Honey asked.

"Eo." i then slowly opened the paper.

Kihyun? I know you will find me. I am sorry for leaving like this. But I want you to be the first person to know that I finally chose to be freed from that job. It's a sin. I believe that when I leave, everything will turn back to how it was and Jungri could regain her life. I cant find any solution as to how I can take the mark of Jungri on me. I dont want to embarass you and your family so I decided to leave for good. Thank you for everything. Tell everyone that I am so sorry for burdening and decieveing them. And also to you, I am sorry for being such an incompetent wife. I love you..

Kim Sohee